Chapter 16

7-30-2023

————————————
Flightwing was flying on my left side, Nightwind on my right, and Boltdash behind me. I felt crowded, because I never liked flying in groups, because I always worried I'd fly into someone. Flightwing is a F-15E Strike Eagle, Nightwind is a F-22 Raptor, and Boltdash is a F-100 Super sabre.

Flightwing was just about a hundred miles faster of a build than me, which he kept in pace, Nightwind was a slower build, so me and Flightwing had to slow down for them, which was fine. Boltdash was even slower, and at some point, I told him to meet us at the outposts, as we couldn't waste time, with lives on the line. Boltdash agreed, knowing he was the slowest, and he was saying how he was going to find a faster alt mode.

Flightwing and Nightwind flew at my sides, Boltdash already far behind, as we slowly moved through Polyhex. We were still about a thousand miles out, 45 minutes depending. Nightwind pushed as fast as she could go, Flightwing pushing ahead to his max speed, me close behind him. We all pushed to our maximums, which was still decently faster than a regular earth-jet, considering we were cybertronians, running on energon. Come to think of it, I was the first of my kind. The first of the cyberwolves. Maybe eventually I won't be the only one.

"Decepticons ahead!" Flightwing called out on the com link, as the decepticons started showing up on our radars. Probably going for any reinforcements. I quickly requested Ratchet to ground bridge the last 2 autobot seekers, who were about 60 minutes behind us, where Boltdash was.

"Prepare yourselves for a dogfight!" I called out, replying to Flightwing's warning, as the decepticon seekers came into view. Nightwind was growing nervous, nervously grumbling about random things, I couldn't tell what, but I knew that by the numbers of decepticons on my radars, that it was suicide to attempt a dogfight. I thought fast, deciding on a plan. "I will act as a distraction, you two, dive down, and fly low to the buildings. Don't worry about me, tell Boltdash, Highstriker, and Windglider about the change of plans." I say quickly, lifting up, and shutting off my com link. Flightwing and Nightwind did what they were told, and dove down into the streets.

"Hey decepticons!" I called out, as I heard them talking about who I was, before the leader ordered to chase after me, something about 'Megatron would be pleased if they caught me' and about how 'I could maybe have a pause on his slowly crazing behavior' I bolted as fast as I could, away from the others of my reinforcement squad.

I watched the Decepticons chase after me, knowing I was probably knee deep in scrap. They started firing at me, as I dodged and spiraled, and did my best to loop backwards and return fire. They shot at my wings, managing to hit a few shots, as I grunted from the sudden pain. I watched one fly into another from sudden excitement, causing both of them to fall to the ground with a nasty explosion on impact.

5 down, 10 left to go. Damage report states I have major wing damage on my right wing, it burned painfully letting me know it was damaged. I grunted, continuing to dodge the blaster shots. I flipped backwards, releasing my two tracking-missiles on a couple of them, but not without escaping with several more hits to my second pair of wings, and my tail. I watched two more of them explode, unable to escape the missiles. That left 8 seekers.

I was about to blaster fire on them, when one of them got a good hit on my wing, sending me falling to the ground, as I frantically tried to pull back up, only to find painfully, I couldn't. I was spiraling out of control, and in my agony, I managed to transform into cyberwolf form just before I hit the ground, rolling forward, and bouncing off the ground several times, before landing in front of a patch of cyber trees. I whimpered out of pain, laying on my side, as I panted from the heat that was still lingering in my frame. I groaned, standing up on my paws, the remaining decepticons landed in front of me, blasters raised. I was about to fight them, until I watched several missiles drop down on them, blasting them to bits, as I dropped to the ground to hide from most of the damage of flying shrapnel.