Chapter Three: Sweet Nothings

(Eenie weenie teenie weenie- **other lyric words**))

~~

Sunlight flood into a small room. A muted green carpet with a plush surface made for a comfortable sleeping space. Paneled walls and wooden accessories lie around the room.

This sunlight was so warm and inviting. It was.. something of a breath of fresh air. It washed over the sleeping form of Giyuu with such a rejuvinating feeling it was almost like coming back to life. Nearly.

Eye fluttering open, Giyuu clutched his hands and tried to get the blood to circulate through them again. The feeling of static in his limbs was still immense. Hindering any serious movement from freeing him from where he lie. It was discerning.

'Mmmn... it's warm... my head... hurts...' he found himself weakly grumbling.

Finally persuading his body to move, he managed to roll over and sit up where he had previously been lay to rest. His back nearly felt as though it was bowing out- ready to just stop supporting the weight of the head on his neck.

However, steading his hands on the floor- Giyuu managed to hold himself in place.

'Where am I... what... happened last night...'

Giyuu looked toward a mirror that lie on the wall near himself, and tried to get a good look at himself. Figuring maybe he could understand what happened. He pondered- overserving his own form.

Long black hair... his haori...black uniform... dazed golden eyes...

Wait...

Giyuu looked at himself in the mirror a minute longer. Something didn't look quite right to him. However, he couldn't tell what was wrong. He couldn't remember. He was so sure something looked wrong, but when he tried to force himself to remember every little detail, it's like everything went blank that he was looking for.

He soon grew frustrated, still looking at himself in the mirror with a bit of confusion. 'Every time I try to... remember... my mind gets so fuzzy. My arms... legs... everything feels like.. static."

Giyuu had persuaded his body to pull his knees under himself. Just barely getting into a more mobile sitting position before he heard a door creaking and the sound of firm soled sandals on the wooden floor just in front of where the carpet ended.

The water pillars eyes shifted to the doorway- only for his body to shift from the sudden amount of shock that washed over him.

There, in front of him- just before his very eyes- was Sabito.

The gentle expression.. rosey ginger hair... a fox mask and his facial scar.

The black haired hashira found himself not breathing for a moment. Breath hitched somewhere in his throat as he tried to find words to speak. What would he have even said?

Everything spun in his head like a merry-go-round. Dizzying, and picking up speed.

Overwhelming waterfalls. Pools of emotion found it's way to his lips as he tried to process the sight right in front of himself. He could barely utter a word, hardly urging out small whispers as he slowly brought his trembling hands up to his chest to clench at his aching heart.

"Sa... bi... that's... Someone is pulling a cruel prank on me... this can't be happening..." he was trying to convince himself that whatever was in front of himself was not real.

He was seeing things. Mad. Dilusional. Crazy...

Desperate and diluded.

Despite this, the gentle face of his friend continued smiling as the other boy advanced in his direction. Surprise and denial were both soon replaced by guilt and the building sensations of shock.