Cutting The Rope

Summary

Take the cut rope and tie up their lose ends

"And now we move to an interview with Thomas Fielder, a human resources representative from The Devil's Casino, to talk about what happens now. While we couldn't secure an interview with Mr. Voss himself, Mr. Fielder reassures us he is able to answer all our questions. Good morning, Mr. Fielder."

"Good morning Ms. Jackson! And please, call me Thomas."

"And you can call me Angela. Thomas, what is the condition of the Hermits and Mr. Voss?"

"Everyone except Xisuma Voss has been released from the hospital, and everyone is healthy. What happened caused no permanent damage."

"So the Hermits are heading back to their town?"

"Yes, they are. I know they missed it dearly."

"And the Voss'?"

"Xisuma will join them as soon as he gets out, Xilum has decided to live in Hermitville."

"Really? What happens to the casino's land and its staff?"

"The land will be put up for purchase, turned into something else. All staff will be given their severance pay and sent on to their next job."

"How do you feel about all of this? It's been said that you were the first person hired on staff and closest to Mr. Voss himself. Evident by the first name basis."

"Haha, the casino has been a big part of my career, I greatly enjoyed my work there. That being said, I am ready to work during the morning and sleep during the night! This all feels like a finished chapter of my life."

"Well, Thomas, that will be all my questions. I hope you find a new job."

"Thank you, Angela."

____________

As a Hermit, Xilum pulled his weight. He helped with the harvest of the crops, advancement of the town, worked often at the farmer's market, and sometimes helped to build electronic gadgets.

He and Xisuma lived together, filling up the house's empty space.

Sometimes, Alex and Thomas visited. (Thomas got a new job at a law firm.)

Every old casino employee was given their severance packages.

The casino's old land was transformed into a Costco (there somehow wasn't one before).

And they were happy.

Notes

'The Ship and The Anchor?' Oh yes, you still have questions about that one. Quite a nice story, I wrote it in a few hours if I remember correctly. I've...never thought about a message. Hm. Well, if I were to give it a metaphor...

You, your brain, your past. The Ship, the crew, the Anchor.

Let go of a troubling past you may have, and be free. Maybe visit it when you want, but the future is yours to shape.

Feel free to ask me any questions you have and I'll reply as fast as I can with the best answers I can! Also, come infodump or screech at me on Tumblr (crimsonkat59)!

(OG post date - 2/16/23)