The Club Encounter

TW: Drugs + Guns + Verbal Abuse

7:30 PM July 27, 2023 Thursday

Los Angelos, CA

Onika's POV :

"Ariana you know I wish I could come wit' you but I have work at 8 tonight.." I say, adjusting my work attire in the body mirror. I work at a club called Blackout and it gets crazy every night. 

 I'm wearing all black with a deep cut at the cleavage and some black heels. 

"No no no, I understand completely girl! I would never get you out of a bag!" Ariana says in return, giggling slightly and makes her way behind me.

"Mmmm...are you sure Ari? I don't want to like..leave you hangin'. I know I do that often." I say, looking at Ariana through the mirror as I rub my arm in embarrassment. 

"Girl." Ariana spins me around and grabs both of my shoulders. I was surprised by that honestly. "Yes I am 100 percent sure. Now hurry up because Im taking you to workk-ughhh.." She says, shaking me a little and walking off to the living room. 

"Thankkk you Arianaa!" I yell down the hall.

 I slept over her house for the night so we could catch up more. I don't have a lot of free time to speak with her because Im always working. I'm definitely finding a different job, I'm so fed up. 

After putting on some makeup, my favorite necklace (which I always tuck under my shirt) and an expensive Richard Mille watch that my mother gave me; I'm ready to get going. 

Mommy Carol loves to give me so many gifts and they ain't cheap, but I don't ask too many questions. 

"Hurryyyy up Onika!" I hear Ariana yell from outside. Damn she already in the car? I didn't even hear the front door open. "OKKK!" I shout, hoping she can hear me. 

- 30 Minutes Later - 

8:10 PM

"Okk Nic I will see you laterrr... be safe, I love you." Ariana says, leaning over to kiss me on the cheek. I smile at her gently, "I love you too, Ari." With that, I kiss her cheek and climb out of the passenger seat. 

Ariana always waits for me to get inside the building when she drops me off. I walk towards the doors and shoot her one last smile before I get inside. I hear her engine down the road after that.

As soon as I make my way through those doors; Im hit with the smell of weed, alcohol and sweat. Not a good thing to come across, especially when you ain't participating. 

"Your late." I look up and see my boss looming over me. "I'm ten minutes late." I say, in a low voice. 

"Exactly. Late. Get to Work Onika." He says, walking off into the backrooms. "Umm..ok." I whisper.

 I get behind the bar and start preparing myself for the night. I thank my co-worker who took over for my shift. She barely even did anything but sure. She looked me up and down and went to her designated area. 

"This about to be a long ass night." I say, shaking my head and putting on a small smile for my customers who've sat down. 

"Hello, what can I get y'all tonight?" I say, repeating the same thing every damn day.