𝙲𝚑. 𝟹𝟻: 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝

We were let out shortly after Ego dropped that big of a bombshell on us. We were also told to keep quiet about what we were told, claiming it was information only for us to know. My mind was running laps, trying to get a grasp on what was just discussed in that room.

"Uhm hey!"

A surprisingly high pitched voice snapped you out of it. Yamamoto, one of the managers, waved his hand in front of you.

"Oh, hello...", you mumble out, still in disbelief from what you were just told.

"That's pretty crazy right? What we were just told... I can't believe one of us is gonna help with the representation of Japanese soccer! Can't you believe it?!"

Yamamoto seemed like a rather chirpy individual. It was like he was always so excited. Meanwhile, Aoki was the complete opposite. He was always so calm and calculating, it was a little concerning.

"Tch. Not so loud... Ego told us to keep quiet about this...", Aoki eyed you, "So don't go around telling anyone... got it?"

Somehow, those words felt directed towards you. You roll your eyes, before flipping through the pages of your notebook.

"I won't... but still, this is going to be just as hard for us than it is for the players.."

In a way, you were right. It was obvious the top six were going to play in the match, but to pick five people based off of one match? Sure you knew a couple of their play styles already, but that would seem biased of you to only pick the people you knew about.

I'm overthinking this... It's not like I'm going to get picked anyways...

"How do you guys think we'll get assigned a team? At random?", Yamamoto frowned, rubbing his temples.

Aoki scoffed, "Possibly. That Ego man is quite peculiar... However, if he took the time to split the top six into teams he deemed best, then maybe he did the same for us..."

You scoffed, "String bean probably already has us split up, he just didn't say anything"

The three of you had been walking down an empty hallway for quite some time now. When you got to the end, the sliding doors opened to reveal a dining hall. It was there that you saw many that you didn't know, and a group of boys that you did. Team Z all sat a table together, talking about what team they were gonna pick.

You get a sudden burst of energy, rushing over to join them, "Guys!"

Bachira is the first to look over at you, his bubbly smile glowing brighter than ever, "Y/n hey!"

As you run over to them, you see Chigiri quickly get out of his seat, seemingly trying to get to you first. As he rushes around the table, you panic, and jump onto Bachira's back, hugging him from behind as he eats his food.

"H—Hey guys! Watcha talkin about over here? Hehehe...", you try to play it off cooly.

Bachira didn't seem to mind your hug, munching on some food, "We were just talking about what team we were going to join"

Isagi nods his head, "I'm stuck between A and C... What about you Chigiri?"

You had awkwardly been avoiding his gaze. But at the mention of his name, you turn your head to see him staring at you, his gaze heavy. His focus was on your arms wrapped around Bachira, an indescribable feeling arising in him.

"Not sure yet...", he mumbled out, turning on his heel as he walked out of the dining hall.

....

"Y/n?... you're hurting me—"

Bachira let out a nasty cough on account of you squeezing his neck to hard with your hug. You slap his back to get his airwaves flowing again, while Isagi holds some water out for him.