15

This might actually be my favorite chapter BY FAR. The Horntail Hall quest was so fun I'm so excited! Hope you guys like it :)

(If it's a bit long I apologize lol)

-S

-

I'd thrown on the first clothes I could find and put on my coat. I didn't bother with anything else because time was of the essence. I was already making my way outside. I couldn't find myself to care about my appearance at the moment.

She told me where to meet her in the letter. My textbook with the magical map came in handy in finding it. My gloved hands stole a broom from a student, and I flew off. I didn't bother to give them an explanation. I heard their screams until I was far enough above it was barely audible. I'm glad by this point in the year I'd already learned how to fly one of these. My heart was racing and all I could think about was getting to Poppy as fast as I could.

I don't know what she's up to. The ominous, 'I found them' didn't help to ease my fears. I couldn't believe in the span of two days I was already getting myself into another possible disaster. At least I actually wanted to help Poppy. It only made this a little bit more bearable.

The sun was swiftly going down by now and I willed this broom to take me even faster. When I finally caught sight of her I let out a sigh of relief, but I was still unbelievably nervous. I touched down on the ground a bit of ways away from her and let my broom fall. I would bring it back to that student but I couldn't care less about it right now. My feet had barely graced the earth when I was already striding over to her.

Poppy stood up straighter, pushing herself off the rock she was leaning on. The tip of her nose was slightly pink from the cold. "I'm glad you came."

I let out a deep breath to try and calm myself. "You came out here by yourself? Why?"

She gave me a curious look. "You're here now. I'm not alone. Their camp isn't far from here."

She'd said it like it was nothing. My eyes widened significantly. "Camp? What camp? Have you been out here before?"

Poppy shrugged. "A couple of days ago. I needed to make sure it was the right place."

I ran my fingers through my hair, she was talking about this like it was a school project. I unfortunately knew exactly what she was talking about. My brain already imagining how bad it could've been if she would have gotten caught. But she didn't. She's still fine, she's standing here right in front of me. I need to stop worrying so much. I let out another deep breath.

"So what's the plan then? Why'd you need me out here with you?"

"It's Horntail Hall. I'm absolutely sure of it. I've seen them bringing in captured beasts multiple times," She glances over at the path beside us. "I think if we search around we could find a way into their tent."

"Are you sure about this?"

"Absolutely." She says with a wicked grin.

"Really? You are?"

"Dylan."

"Lead the way, I guess."

She skipped off onto the path triumphantly and to a small rock face, and I glanced at her warily. She gripped the top of it, and with a short jump, swiftly pulled herself up. I will admit I was impressed. Shortly after, that turned to embarrassment when I struggled to pull myself up. Poppy grabbed my arm with surprising strength and helped me the rest of the way. I cleared my throat and nodded a thanks, glaring at her when she laughed.