18

Here's another one, I felt like I could update again sooner because I've been gone so long LOL.

Also I updated the track list for this story, because we got a new Taylor Swift album and I'm beyond obsessed with it!

Also also, I made little mood boards for Poppy and Dylan and I added a new chapter for those at the beginning too. Check em out I think they're pretty alright :P

Enjoy!

-S

-

The hallway was quiet except for my labored breaths, and occasional sniffles. Poppy had followed me out of the classroom. Her eyes were filled with worry, but she still stayed a healthy distance away.

"Poppy-"

"You don't need to talk right now." She said quietly, looking around to make sure we were alone. "Just breathe."

I nodded, but I was still having trouble. I moved so my back was against the wall and shut my eyes. I thought it would help, but all I saw was Vale's face. I choked out a sob and held my stomach, sliding down to the floor and looking at Poppy helplessly.

She knelt down to my level and took one of my shaking hands in hers. "Look at me, Dylan."

I met her gaze and started shaking my head. I tugged at the collar of my shirt, ripping it open, hoping it would allow more air into my lungs. "I c-can't...I s-saw..."

Poppy squeezed my hand and repeated herself. "Look at me. Breathe, okay? Watch me, in...and out."

I watched her place her free hand on her chest, nodding to me as she showed me what to do. She inhaled with me, and with each new breath I could feel my heartbeat slowing down. I was still shaking, but I followed her lead until I calmed down enough that I didn't feel like I was going to pass out. I could feel the oxygen in my lungs again and I leaned my head back against the wall in relief. I wiped the tears from my eyes and kept my gaze on the ceiling.

Poppy must have realized she was still holding my hand, and abruptly pulled it away. I cleared my throat awkwardly. My voice cracked as I spoke. "Thank you."

There was a long silence afterwards. I couldn't get Vale's words out of my head. Her evil smile was burned into my mind. I desperately wished that she would've left me alone. I can't for the life of me imagine what she wants with me. I don't care that I might be her child, she doesn't love me. Vale is nothing close to my mother. I may not have known my real mother, but I refuse to think of Vale as family. If she was, she wouldn't have abandoned me too.

Poppy suddenly spoke up, I flinched slightly at the sound of her voice. I'd almost forgotten she was here.

"Are you okay?" She practically whispered. When I looked at her finally I could see the genuine concern in her eyes. "What happened?"

I swallowed hard. "I don't know if I want to talk about it."

Poppy sighed. To my surprise she sat down cross-legged in front of me. "Are you sure?"

"Why do you want to know? I thought you didn't want to speak to me after..." My voice trailed off and I looked down at the floor, crossing my arms over my chest. It was hard for me to even say it out loud. I don't think I ever could.

"Because...you're still my friend." She began, a small comforting smile on her lips. "I may not agree with what you did but this is different. I've never seen you like this before."

I nodded, brining my knee up to my chest and resting my chin on it. "I don't know what happened. I just...had a weird dream that's all."

Poppy raised a brow. "Weird dream? How so?"