chapter 3

Clear sky and gray wing were back on their feet and all five littermates desided to have a race to see who was the fastest. Whispering snow and gray wing were the fastest. Well i better go get shattered ice i promised i'd go hunting with him. Looks like someone has a crush. Be quiet you four. She toatally likes him. I heard that. Well it's true. Clear sky called out. Oh yeah clear sky don't you have a mate of your own. Yeah and she's expecting my kits. Clear sky you better get in here bright stream is kitting. Ok i'm coming. Guess it's just us. I guess so.

The cold season soon came and there wasn't enough food for the tribe. Stoneteller what are we going to do. I don't know.have you had dreams with our ansestors yet. Yes i have there is a land thats filled with prey far from here to make a new home. Are you saying that we should leave. Not all of us but most. Lets do a vote. The ones that want to leave put a pebble be the entrance the ones that want to stay. Put a pebble by my den. Clear sky are you going to leave. No. Well i am kits what do you want to do. Be with you.

The last two to vote was whispering snow and shattered ice. They both put their pebble by the entrance. Since the older ones voted time for the kits. Go be with your brother and sisters. Ok. All the kits put their pebbles by the entrance. Those who voted to leave will leave but take turns carrying the kits. Clear sky are you sure you don't want to come. I'm sure. Ok. That was a wise choise you made there. I know.

I'm  c  morning. The next morning they set out again. Turtle tail went up to gray wing. Hey guess what. I know your expecting my kits. How you know. I have ears you know. Oh right. Yep and i'm a good listener. Eves drop much. Can you carry fluttering bird. Yeah sure, miss clear sky. Yeah. Bright stream does to. Everyone hide eagles. The kits. Their gone. Good. Lets keep moving. Bright stream. Sky frost. I'll get her. Thanks gray wing.