Chapter Two

Big, dark brown doe eyes scanned the building in front of her with millions of emotions flashing through them; nervousness, curiosity, hope, happiness and most prominently, determination. 

The school in front of her seemed like it was straight out of a book. 

Meredith High was the epitome of elite. The 4 story building had its soft-white walls blanketed with waves of wisteria. Wisteria was never a common sight where the perky blond lived so she was enchanted by their beauty which she had only heard of through the whispers of a forgotten library book's moth-eaten pages back in her old town. 

There was a huge garden in front of the school which surrounded it as well. The many plants it bore were enough to make the greatest botanical grader in the world look like it was a five-year-old's gardening project. Heck, there were even massive fountains in said garden. 

Can you even call it a garden if it looks like the entrance to Terabithia? 

The proud building had as many windows as the amount of wisteria on its tall walls. The entire structure was nearly made of glass, giving major futuristic vibes. You could see the many classrooms, hallways and more through the almost all-glass building. There were students rushing here and there if you squinted your eyes and looked through the large windows, making Adalene feel a rush of adrenaline and giving her courage to step through the school's regal gates and into her new destiny. 

"You can do this Adalene!" said the teen as she gracefully climbed the gleaming white steps to the school's entrance.

"This is your chance to get everything you dreamed of, think of the unlimited cups of coffee you'd get if you became a CEO! Remember your dreams...ah objectives! No. 1: Don't get bulli- OOF! Ow...."

She tumbled back after hitting hard against a body.

"Aaaaaand I just had to bump into some blind jerk-face on my first day, holy coffee beans! What if someone else saw that?... God what an embarassi-"

"Bump into some blind jerk-face? Miss, you really must stop muttering and look right at me, cuz' my face is blindingly handsome." said a playful deep masculine voice that sent shivers down Adalene's spine. 

Just before she could retort she looked up. 

Big mistake. 

His eyes were the most beautiful shade of dark green she had ever seen, not that she'd met that many people before but still! They looked as invaluable as emeralds; any jeweler would be jealous. 

The 'handsome jerk-face' as Adalene resorted to calling him wore the latest fashion; a trench coat as black as darkness which reached up to his knees -and by the existence of coffee! His legs, they were so long! You could tell he worked out because he was jacked, not even that fancy trench coat of his could hide his muscles. 

The shine of a silver badge with neat printed writing (his name probably) on his left lapel caught her eye. 

A title from school? Was he a perhaps a prefect? 

His ripped black jeans threw her off for a second, because that was the first time she had seen someone where ripped jeans and a fancy trench coat and make it look like it was the trendy

...looking at him though, she'd bet all her sugar cubes that he would and could make even a garbage bag look trendy though. 

He had the typical chiseled face which Adalene called out looking at his 'I'm-filthy-rich-and-you-all-are-beneath-me' fashion. But wow, can she look at that face for ages, 

or better yet, all the time

And his damned voice, HIS VOICE, she wanted to drown in that depth.