Chapter 6

Braden's P.O.V.

"Me." I said.

I knew she would be here. I heard how her dad kicked her out. Because of me... Because of what I did to her. Thank god I made it in time. I figured he already told her, but I'm glad I'm here to do it.

"What?" She looked at me with wide eyes. "Why?"

I was confused. "Why?" Why what?

"Yeah. You could have hooked up with anyone at that party. Why did you bring me to a room when I was drunk and had sex with me?" She looks at me with such a confused look.

I look at her like she grew another head. "I was trying to be nice!" I said. "I didn't think anything was going to happen! I wanted to make sure you were okay, and one thing led to another obviously."

She stayed quiet, and it scared me. Derek was shooting daggers at me. She looked up at Derek.

"Can you give me a minute alone with him, please?" She whispered to him. He hesitated, but walked away.

"Thank you." She told me. I looked at her, confused again. This girl is something else.

"I took advantage of you when you were drunk, didn't tell you it was me right away, and got you pregnant and you're thanking me?" This girl is shocking.

"Yeah, because you told me. Even if it's been 6 weeks." She said.

"Is that how far along you are?" I asked. I didn't realize that it's been that long already.

She nodded. "Kira and I both. 6 weeks and two days."

Kira too? I wonder who got her pregnant. Wait a minute... I saw her go to a room with Kane? Oh no. That will have to wait.

"I should have told you it was me sooner." I told her.

I'm an ass, I can admit that. But one thing I was taught was if you make a mistake, you take responsibility for it. And that's what I'm going to do. I'm not the type to just abandon a child, MY child. It deserves so much more than that.

"Its okay. It was a drunken mistake. Braden, I can do this. You don't have to help me." She smiles.

What? Did she think that was the kind of guy I am? Do I really come off as that much of an asshole?

"Lana, I'm going to help you. I'm not saying we have to be together, not that I don't want to be I just know that takes time. But I'm going to be going through this with you. That's my child too, and you don't deserve to go through this alone. When is your next doctor's appointment?"

She smiled at my words. Her smile is so beautiful.

"Thank you, Braden."

Kira walked in.

"Hey, everything going okay?" She sends a worried glance at Lana. I take a second to look at their stomachs. Nothing yet.

"Yeah." Sending a smile my way. "You ready to go tell Kane?" She asks Kira.

So I was right, it is Kane. I don't think he's going to take it as well as I did. I mean, he had a pregnancy scare 2 years ago but the girl decided to get an abortion so he never really had to think about it. She got the abortion before she even told him.

"Yeah, I guess. Let's go." She sighed.

Lana looked at me. "I have to go help her, call me later if you want to." I smiled and asked for her number which she gave to me. I should go to Kane's and wait because I know he'll need me.

------

At least it went over well with Braden.

Will it go over well with Kane?