Chapter 12

"What kind of theme are we doing?" Derek asks as we look at our painting options.

"Hm, I think either a jungle theme or a superheroes theme." I tell the boys, and look to see what they think.

"Definitely Jungle." Both of the boys say at the same time. I nod, agreeing with their decision. We head over to a sales associate and ask them to help us pick out paint for jungle theme nursery.

"Right this way." They lead us to an isle and grab all the colors we will need. After we picked out the paint and paid for it, we decide to head to Babies-R-Us and pick out the decor for the room. She already has the furniture, so we don't have to worry about that. It took us about an hour to get everything, which isn't too bad. Once we got back to the house, we started working right away. Braden offered to have a painting crew hired, but I figured we could just do it ourselves.

After four hours we had two of the walls done. We decide to take a break so Braden and I go to get pizza. I offer Derek to tag along, but I guess he's meeting up with a girl he likes.

As we get to the pizza shop, Braden asks what pizza I want so he knows what to order.

"Just get a pepperoni pizza with extra cheese, light sauce and olives." He nods and kisses my cheek. He orders and comes back to sit with me while we wait.

"Hey." He says once he gets back. I give him a smile. "Not to be weird, but what was it like being in the room with her?"

I think about his question. "It was nothing too bad. I mean, she was definitely in pain and you could tell. She almost broke my hand holding it. It was nerve racking and at one point I thought I might puke but then once the babies came and seeing her smile, you could just tell that once she held her babies in her arms that all pain was forgotten. I thought it was beautiful. Why?" I look at him and see him deep in thought.

"Do you want me in the room?" He gives me a look, like he's unsure of what my answer would be.

"Of course I do? You're the baby's father. I'm sure if Kane was around and wanted to be, he would have been in the room too." I place my hand on Braden's knee.

"That's something I wanted to talk to you about, Lana." He looks nervous and I can already somewhat tell I'm going to be mad.

"What did you do?"

"I got ahold of Kane." He states. "Before you get mad, he had the right to know. He is still their father, whether he or anyone else likes that fact. He didn't even answer me when I told him, he just hung up." I just look at him.

"I understand he's the father, but he ran away. I don't think he deserves to know, but I don't blame you for telling him." I give him an reassuring smile that I'm not mad at him. At that moment our pizza came. Just the smell alone made my mouth water.

"So once we're done painting the nursery can we start moving my stuff into the house?" I ask through a mouth full of food.

"Lana, are you already eating? We are supposed to bring some home to Derek." He laughs.

I blush. "Baby gets what baby wants."

He smiles. "Yes, we can move your stuff into the house. I already have most of my stuff there. I dropped dad's present for the baby there too." I smile at his response. When we finally get back to Kira's house, Derek already had the two other walls finished. Tomorrow when it's dry is when we're going to hang up all the decorations and set up all the furniture. I set the pizza on the table so that Derek can have a slice. I may or may not have ate half of the pizza by myself in the car... I swear I didn't.

Okay. Maybe that was a lie.

"Lana, how the hell did you eat half a pizza!?" Derek shouts. I give him my oops face and he laughs.

"Lana?" I turn at the sound of Braden's voice.  "Since this has to dry anyways, want to go pack?"

I nod at him and take a deep breath.

It's both scary and exciting to know I'm moving in with Braden.

----

I know it's short, I'm sorry.

Not doing another update unless I actually have a reason to. (Like comments and stuff.)