QUANTUM COMPUTERS

Since we talked about superposition, let’s talk about this new developed technology they made thanks to it, and also a little bit thanks to quantum entanglement, the quantum computers.
Now what are these quantum computers exactly? Well it’s simple.

See how classical computers use bits (1 or 0)? They use one of them, not both, just one at a time. Well quantum computers use Qubits (or quantum bits). Thanks to superposition, qubits can be 1 and 0 at the same time. Isn’t that exhilarating?! Get excited!
That means that quantum computers will be thousands- no millions of times better and faster and more powerful than classical computers! Can you imagine all the things we will be able to do thanks to it?!

Companies like Google and a lot others are battling to see who will get the first quantum computer on the market first. I really can’t wait for it!
Of course quantum computers don’t have anything to do with classical computers when talking about how they look. Here is a picture of a quantum computer!

 Here is a picture of a quantum computer!

So yup, they absolutely don’t look alike. But then, how would they put it in the market you’ll ask me. Surely not anyone can have something like that at home right?
Well if you think a little, of course not. They (the companies and the industries) will keep the quantum computers and we will be able to use them by distance!

Also, here’s a little fun fact for you: Did you know that they keep quantum computers in insanely freezing temperatures? Near zero Kelvin, or -273.15 Celsius. That’s as cold as space! And it’s the coldest temperature ever recorded on earth!