•SIXTEEN•

Riki went straight to the examination room. He was worried about Sunghoon.

He went to see Soobin crying in Jungwon's arms, who was in tears as well.

This made his insides churn.

What if Sunghoon never makes it-

NO.

That didn't settle well with him.

He curled his hands, digging his nails in his palms.

All was because of him. He was the one to blame. He is so pathetic.

In his twenty six years of life, there has been countless such incidents, where they were faced with life and death situations. Yet, none of them made him feel this helpless, this devastated.

It was as if he could sense something, some mishap on it's way. He can't pinpoint a particular reason, but something just doesn't feel alright.

He felt a stinging ache in his stomach and behind his head, the pain unbearable, yet that didn't matter to him.

After so long, his heart felt heavy. All his pains, sorrows, misery, started hitting him like a gust of wind- fleeting, yet strong.

He sees the doctors coming out, Jungwon and Soobin rushing to talk to them.

His feet automatically started to move, as he went past all of them in the speed of lightening, and pushed the door of the room, practically running towards Sunghoon. He could feel eyes on him, some concerned - some shocked to see their apparently "heartless" young master going crazy over a bodyguard.

That's where the catch is- Sunghoon was not just a bodyguard to him. He was his best friend, his Hyung, his confidanté- he was the only person whom he confided in, who knows his true self, his vulnerable self.

He stopped infront of Sunghoon. He was breathing heavily, as that heavy feeling was slowly choking him from inside.

Sunghoon's pale skin became paler with the lack of blood. His hands, those strong pair of hands which had shielded him from people, were so bruised, so fragile- it broke his heart.

The finger marks littering his neck made Riki nauseous.

His Hoon Hyung was bruised, and he couldn't do anything to help him. He felt so  fucking helpless.

He felt a sob bubble up in his throat, as his eyes stung with unshed tears.

It's been so long since he has felt this helpless, it has been so long since he cried, that he forgot.

He forgot he was a human being.

Riki dropped down with a thud, knees giving away. He took Sunghoon's pale hands in his, a starking contrast to his bloody, bruised knuckles.

He heard Jungwon's voice and soon felt a strong pair of arms hugging him from behind.

"Hyung..." Jungwon whispered.

At that, Riki let his tears drop, one by one.

•••••

On the other hand, Jay couldn't stop smiling the entire way back home.

"Jay-ah, have you gone crazy?" Heeseung asked, Jake rolling his eyes.

"Hyung, you really thought this man was normal?"

"Jaeyun-ah , I just-"

"Whatever." Jake replied, clearly annoyed.
These days he seems to be in a bad mood all the time.