13. Gun (2)

"Oppa, how's this one?"

Gun watched as the girl from the library came out of the dressing room and did a little twirl for him, showing off the way the yellow skirt frothed airily around her thighs like sea foam.

"It looks good," Gun told her, sipping at the whiskey in his wine glass. "Cute."

"You've said that about all of them," she huffed good-naturedly. "At this rate, the 'maybe' pile is going to be taller than me!"

Gun glanced at the aforementioned pile of clothes, heaped onto a chair by the entrance to her dressing room, and then back at her. Wouldn't be difficult, he thought.

"I'm a perfectly decent height," she rebutted, seeming to know exactly what he was thinking. "You're just super tall."

"I didn't say anything."

She narrowed her eyes at him playfully. "Then you were thinking too loud!"

Gun huffed in amusement and sank back into his seat, slinging his arms over the cushions.

Ari Lim. He had discovered her name from a small inscription on her silly octopus stress ball, during one of the many moments he'd rolled it pensively around in his hand. He was doing it right now, in fact, as she'd left it with him before entering the dressing room. As if by habit, Gun rubbed his thumb over the almost unnoticeable lines on the smooth underside of the ball.

Ari Lim.

She was cute.

There was really no better way to describe it. She was, simply put, very cute.

In fact, she was so cute that Gun could say with complete confidence that she was exactly Goo's type. Goo tended to go for cute, lively girls with doe-lashed eyes and pink pillowy mouths---the type that smiled with their eyes and made him burst laughing when they did something he wasn't expecting. Apparently something about the way they looked when they cried really did it for the crazy bastard, which was information Gun honestly preferred not to know.

So Gun could already imagine the bastard getting off on the dip of Ari's dimples and the way her lips rounded when she said her soft little 'oppa'. Except that one of the reasons why he and Goo had managed to coexist until now, despite being polar opposites who constantly got on each other's nerves, was that they had very different preferences for women.

Cute was very much Goo's type.

It was not, however, Gun's. At least not so far as he could tell, not having particularly given thought to it before. Gun couldn't say that he had an exact type, but he often found himself accompanied by women who wielded their bodies as their weapons, so to speak. And, even moreso, women with notable... assets.

Ari was not the former. And if she was the latter, he could hardly tell. He'd only ever seen her covered up so well from collar to thigh that it seemed as if she would lose money for each sliver of skin she allowed to be revealed. Perhaps the conservative clothing was hiding something, but based on how slight she was, Gun doubted it.

Then why was he here?

Curiosity, at first. But of course curiosity couldn't make Gun sit around watching a random girl try on a hoard of clothes, something he hadn't once imagined himself to spend valuable seconds of his free time on. Or to enjoy it, at that.

Seeing Ari coming out again in a new outfit, Gun put down his glass and gestured her over. "Come here."

Ari trotted over easily. "What is it?"

Gun leaned forward in his seat, bringing the two of them close enough that he could see the glimmer of lip gloss on her mouth, and reached out to lightly touch the back of her neck. Without warning he pulled apart the ribbon holding the back of her dress together, making the collar loosen around her neck.