Chapter 12

Harley ~

I was riding in the car when I heard the flutter of wings, I looked to the side of me and sure enough Cas was right next to me. This didn't really surprise me anymore but he still got the jump on Sam and Dean. Dean swerved and cursed but I could tell he was happy to see Cas in his own way.

"Damn it Cas, how many times do I have to tell you not to surprise me while I'm driving?" Dean yelled at Cas.

"I'm sorry, I thought you might want to know the where abouts of the demon that killed Harley's mother," Cas said and it was like a weight dropped on me.

"Cas, where is it," I immediately said with an edge to my voice.

"It's two counties east of Livingston, Texas," Cas said and he left without an explanation.

"Harley, you aren't ready to take this guy on," Dean immediately said and I could hear the worry in his voice even though most people couldn't.

"Dean, I have to do this, it killed my mother. Do you have any idea of what's that's like?" I asked in a pleading voice.

"Yes, I do. I know it sucks but you have to deal with it, at least until you're ready. This is a serious demon, he's not going to go easy on you, you have to be ready," Dean said trying to make me see reason, but I didn't want to see reason, I wanted revenge.

"Yeah, yeah, okay, I'll wait," I said.

---------

I was just leaving the motel room when I heard the flutter of wings. Cas was standing right behind me. I was going to scream but he cupped a hand over my mouth to keep me quiet. I calmed quickly.

"Harley, I've come to help you succeed in your destiny," Cas said in a serious tone but he always sounded serious so then again he might have been joking. That's when he zapped me to an intersection of four roads. "Make a crossroads demon appear and I will handle the rest," Cas said and I was suddenly wondering where this was going, but I did as he told me to do and I summoned the demon and hid behind an old shack on one side of the road.

"Aww, little Castiel, working for a human?" Said a human woman's voice but I knew she wasn't human.

"You abomination, you should be kneeling to me," Cas said and they started circling each other.

"Oh, please Castiel, I don't do that till the second date," said the woman.

"What do you know about Valifar?" Cas said.

"I can't tell you anything, that's confidential," the woman said getting serious.

"Tell me what you know and I will give you a quick death," Cas said taking out a silver blade from his trench coat.

"Oh, feisty, I like," the demon said.

"Tell me what you know and I won't give you a slow death," Cas said, his patience trying.

"Though that sounds like a valid offer, I'm going to have to pass," the woman said. I n an instant Cas had the blade to her neck.

"I'm losing what little patience I have for you," Cas said through gritted teeth.

"Alright fine, all I know is that he's in Livingston, I swear that's all," she said with worry in her tone.

"Are you sure? I'm not sure that you are telling the truth," Cas said pressing the blade harder on her neck.

"Alright, he's with Vetis, that's all I know I swear this time," I heard the demon say. "Do you believe me?"

"I do," Cas said before he slashed her neck open and the light drained out of her. I stood up from behind me hiding spot and stared at Cas. "Let's go," was all he said and I hurried to catch up to him. He then zapped me to a house in, I'm guessing, Livingston.

"Cas, who is Valifar and Vetis," I asked.

"They are of high court in hell, they have been on my list for quite some time now," Cas said looking around at the neighborhood.

"Is Valifar the one that killed my family?" I asked grabbing his attention.

"Yes, I'm afraid so. You will be the one that carries out the task of destroying them, this is your destiny," Cas said looking me in the eye and I felt a sudden chill. I was just a kid from Kansas, I wasn't supposed to have a destiny.

"Cas, are you sure you have the right person?" I asked trying to make sure he hadn't made a mistake.

"You know very well that I don't make mistakes, this is your calling and you must carry this deed out or millions of people will die," Cas said.

"Cas, how am I supposed to kill these demons I don't even have the demon knife with me, and I've barely managed an exorcism," I said frustrated at Cas for not telling me sooner.

"Here, use this, it will work just as well," Cas said handing me his silver blade that he used on the crossroads demon. I took it with hesitation and looked at the house with trepidation.

"Well then, looks like I'm going to kill some high court demons tonight,"