2. Chandini

My love for you will never die

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Start of the flashback*

After completing our first-year-end exams we are new seniors in our second year. I was still cherishing all my freshman memories and friendships.

I have many good friends with me in our class. But Radha is my best friend, whom I had met in my first year and got very close with. Arjun is another friend with whom I am close. He's like a big brother I had never had. He comes to my home and picks me up from college every day. Our families also got close because of us. Or more particularly to say, he respects my family and his family accepted me as his little sister.

Mostly we three used to hang out in college, for lunch or in between classes or in the library or after class or in the canteen.

It was one such day when we were in the canteen waiting for our order, That was the first time I saw Aakaash. The scenery was, as usual, I was so into my mobile, waiting for my food. Until I saw someone coming toward us from the corner of my eye and I saw he was waving a hand at Arjun.

The closer he got, the more handsome he appeared. He too looked at me, our eyes met and there was some spark for a flash of a moment in us.

He came to our table and for some unknown reason, my heart started beating fast. I don't know why I seem to be afraid but I didn't lift my face until he was gone.

Then I asked Arjun, "Is he a first year student? Which branch is he from? And how do you know him?"
And before even Arjun could reply I heard a voice from my back which is a very deep and manly voice.

" How do I look like a junior to you? "

I didn't realize he was behind me. I stuttered not knowing what to reply and how to act after getting caught talking behind.

" It's just you appeared a little handso--, a little young, So I thought you are a junior "

I replied managing to act brave not knowing if he is senior or our parallel. He smirked knowing what I was about to say.

" What's your name? " He asked in a little strict tone, making me think he is senior.

" Chandini " I answered and looked at him still looking at me. So I added " Sir " in the fear of being bullied by my seniors for the next two years.

Arjun started laughing and before I could ask him, Aakaash chuckled a little and replied " My name's Aakaash " And he whispered " I am not a senior "

Then I don't even try to hide my irritation and look at him with all the anger I have. He laughed looking at me and even Radha also joined Arjun laughing hard at my embarrassment.

" Aakaash come fast yaar "
His friends were calling him as they were leaving.

" Okay Bye Chaand, Meet you later," he said, winking at me. That was the first time someone not from my family called me chaand, even all my friends called me Chandini. How dare he? Though it felt very special, My heart fluttered. I don't know why he called me like that, but it felt good even though he is just a stranger.

Then I got to know Aakaash was in the Computer Science department and also a topper and school friend of Arjun.

Computer Science, Software. I hate those. I don't want to get involved with another future software.

I was in the Fashion Designing department. I truly hate computer science from deep inside my heart. Because sometimes those who become software won't even have time for others even for their family which I hate a lot. I also had my own personal reasons to hate.

I'll just be a stranger to him and if by chance we become close, then we'll stay as friends.

Surely He's not my cup of tea. Not like he's serious about me or proposed to me. Blame my mind it started all this story even though we had just met.