Chapter 6 - Roohi and Saanvi

/Roohi's POV/

I was sitting in cafe waiting for Saanvi, my only friend since 5th grade.
We studied together till 10th after which i took medical and she went for humanities but our bond didn't affect a little.
Although we meet quite less but we talk on mobile frequently.
She is energetic and always excited, in contrast, I battle within myself with my brain which do not let me enjoy a single moment in my life.
I like to be alone everytime but Saanvi is my best company. I love her even though we are poles apart in nature, we cherish the differences between our natures through our deep friendship and understanding.
I almost share everything with her, sometimes immediately sometimes later but nothing is hidden from her except a few very personal things which I don't let come out to anyone.
I don't know how would she react when I will tell her I am getting married!

She will kill me for not telling before but I was so engrossed in my own dilemma!

I was fearing from my own thoughts when I heard her voice.
She was on her phone, with a frustrated expression she came and sat in front of me ending the conversation on her phone.

"Ab kya hua?"
(Now what happened?)
I asked signalling towards her phone.

"Kuch nahi yaar, vahi fitting hi nahi set aati ek baar mei dress ki. This new boutique is irritating me a lot!"
(Nothing bro, Dress fitting doesn't go right in one go. This new boutique is irritating me a lot!)
She said to which I sighed.

She is complaining about her dress fitting and here my life isn't fitting me!

"Aur tu bta? Kaisi hai?"
(You tell? How are you?)
She asked and started pouring water for herself.

I paused and thought for sometime and said,
"Saanvi I am getting married."
I said and she stopped drinking with her mouth filled with water.
She gave me a shocked expression by widening her eyes.

"In a week."
I dropped one more news bomb on her and she choked on her water spilling out some on table and all the waiters gave us weird expressions.
I gave her tissue and she was shooting me daggers with eyes while cleaning herself.

There are chances of thunderstorm in weather report of our conversation today.

"Ab batayegi bhi kab kaise kahan kon?"
(Will you tell now when how where and who?)
She said with an angry tone.

"He is son of Papa's friend and he is doctor. His parents are surgeons. They have their own hospital and all of them work there. We did a little family 'roka' (engagement) a week before and marriage is decided a week later from today and-"

"Ruk jaa"
(Stop)
She spoke with surprise.

"You are getting married in a week.
You got engaged. To a doctor.
Annddd you didn't tell me a thing!!"
She said with even more anger now.

"Everything was so sudden and I was stuck in my own dilemma. I don't want to get married. Not now. Not to him. Not to anyone. Never ever. But papa...he more like ordered me rather than asking. I protested and fought a little but this isn't about studies. He wasn't ready to give in. He strictly said to do what he say without giving me a chance to say anything. He is so so serious about this."
I said in one go releasing all of my frustration.
And she just stared at me blankly expecting me to explain myself more.

"And saanvi I fainted two days ago when mom dad called his family for dinner and they took me to their hospital where we got to know that I...I can't conceive baby ever...I ca.. can't become mother."
I said slowly.

"Roohi, itna kuch ho gya aur tune muje kuch bhi nahi bataya?"
(Roohi, all of this happened and you didn't tell me a single thing?)
She said with concern putting her hand on top of mine.