Coffee shop

By theboysonmymind on tumblr.
Word count: 1036
___________
Dans P.O.V
___________________________________

It began one afternoon when I went to the corner coffee shop. It was old, but it was one of the better ones near my flat. The Starbucks here was always too crowded with tourists and business people. I liked this coffee shop, because it was more relaxed, and had better wifi.

I visited this coffee shop regularly, but something about today was different. Today they had a girl about my age singing on stage. She was happy and friendly towards the audience, and her voice was beautiful. I grabbed my coffee off of the counter and slid into a chair in the corner. I sat there in awe of her voice. She was beautiful, and her passion for singing and music shined. She was breathtaking. I sat and watched her play, until she was done. She picked up her guitar, grabbing her jar of tips, and smiled walking down off of the stage. She walked over to a guy standing in the doorway and smiled talking up at him. He patted her on the back and they walked away. I wonder who that was... I thought slightly jealous.

I went up to the barista at the counter and asked about her, "Who was the girl up there who was singing?"

"Oh her? She's been traveling and she's going to play here for the next few weeks." The girl said smiling as she was cleaning the coffee pots. She mentioned a few things about how she had traveled here and her name as well.
"Oh." I said, I turned to check if she came back. I looked back and asked about this girl and when she was going to play again. I thanked the barista and went about my day. I went home to the flat to talk to Phil and mentioned her. He listened as I went on and on about her, talking about the songs she played, and the songs she covered. He sat there listening and told me that I should probably go back and try to talk to her. I paused on that idea, I was some internet kid with a youtube, that was all really. She probably would think that I was a weird internet loser if I tried talking to her.

That night before bed, all I could think about was her singing, her smile, and how pretty she was. It kept me up, and she was all I thought about night after night. Everyday I would go back to the coffee shop to see if she was playing. Each day I was disappointed to see that she wasn't there. It was the fifth day of me returning, the day the Barista said that she was going to play again. I ordered my coffee, and sat down in the corner. I saw her, she was smiling and talking to that man again. I grew a bit envious, watching her smile and laugh at him. She set herself up and played her songs. I grew in awe of each song she sang. I was falling for her.

By the time she was done, she smiled and waved to everyone. I got up and walked over to her tips and shuffled in my pockets trying to grab my wallet and some cash. "Uh. Hey." I said awkwardly as I walked up to her. Her eyes grew wide staring at me. "Uh. Hi." she said looking up at me. "Hey uh, I really like your singing..." I said to her. 'Oh fuck Dan come on get yourself together stop being an awkward dork.' I thought. She smiled up at me, "Really? I'm really happy that you like my songs! Oh gosh." She said. She seemed just about as awkward as I was. Which calmed me down a bit. "Yeah." I said, "I was uhm, uh wondering if you uh, would mind me buying you a coffee?" I said ruffling my hair. She looked a bit shocked, "Wow, Uh yeah!" she said. She was cute. She put her guitar away in it's case and put her tips in her wallet. She should have earned more, in my opinion, but oh well. We walked up to the barista, who smiled and winked at me. I ordered a double espresso, as she ordered a raspberry mocha.

We went down and sat at a table and talked. "Thank you for buying me a coffee." she said smiling up at me. "No problem. I really enjoyed your singing." I said to her. She blushed and thanked me again. We sat there talking, and she mentioned how she was traveling in London playing at different places trying to get heard. Apparently she had been traveling across the US in big cities playing songs. "Did you ever try youtube?" I asked her, she stiffened a bit. "Uhm, yeah actually I did, I have a bit of a following on there actually." So she did youtube too. This definitely could work out, I thought. "Actually. I've seen you on youtube...I was quite surprised when you came up to me earlier.." She said taking a sip of her coffee.

"Wh-what you've seen me on youtube?" I studdered. She nodded. "Well I mean you are kind of a big youtuber now." She said giggling. We talked about youtube and music, and she told me about her travels. She asked me how the radio show was going, which was surprising that she even knew me at all. Apparently we had a lot in common. We chatted for hours, and got lost with the time. We exchanged our emails and phone numbers and said our goodbyes. But I knew for a fact that this wasn't the last time I was going to see her, far from it. It was the start of us, in a little old coffee shop.

Weeks went by and although she had to leave London due to travels, but we never lost touch. We would always email, skype, and call each other. We fell for each other, and distance didn't matter because we would always talk to each other. And every time she was back in London would always visit me, in our old little coffee shop that we both loved so much.

__________

oi every1.

So as you can see this is a book and my name is abigail bc y not m8.

Basically all i do is go on tumblr and find really good dan howell imagines that i like and put them in this book for all of you lovely people *btw ur room smells gRATE* bc I've noticed that theirs not a lot of good dan imagines on wattpad sooo yeah.

Your welcome Internet.