𝑡𝚑𝑟𝑒𝑒

oh my god...

when she noticed the door opening she expected to find sarah standing there, not him. the same guy she'd noticed the other day. the one who seemingly had a fight with his dad and sped off on his motorcycle. that time she'd seen him from a distance. but now, up close, he was better looking than she even imagined.

"uh, hi" she made the first move, surprisingly.

"hey" he gave her a smile, a smirk even, shamelessly checking her out. not that she could deny she wasn't checking him out just a minute ago. he had another polo shirt on, classic. she assumed it was the dress code for wealthy males on this 'side' of the island. since every man she had seen - outside her home - supported the polo shirt and khaki shorts combo, just like him.

she let her eyes rake back up to his face. he was gorgeous, she'd seen 3 boys yesterday but not one of them compared to him. he was tall - taller than her, not that it was hard to be taller than her, she had to crane her neck slightly to look up at him.

"is uh.. sarah in?" she asked, timidly. where's your confidence gone now, angel?

his smile dropped, and so did her heart. shit. what did she say? was it wrong? was this not even sarah's house?

"yeah" he ran a hand over his face. "she's just-" he started, but was quickly cut off by an angry guy storming his way down the stairs, pushing past her and sarah's brother at the front door. he was also dressed in a polo shirt. maybe she has two brothers? she didn't mention a second one.

"rafe, your sisters a bitch man" this guy said as he barged into angels shoulder, not even acknowledging her. alright. so maybe she doesn't have two brothers.

"tell me about it" rafe shouted out the door, as the guy walked down the driveway in a hurry to seemingly get away from the house.

rafe. that's his name. cute. hm.. wait a second. he said what about his sister?

but just as angel was going to open her mouth to protect her new friend, she came flying down the same staircase. "topper!'" she was shouting but she quickly lowered her voice when she saw angel and rafe standing at the door.

no one said anything for a few seconds. sarah was clearly in distress, angel was confused, and that smirk appeared back on rafe's face. but before he could open his mouth, sarah cut him off. "shut your mouth, rafe" she pointed a finger at him.

his smirk didn't leave, instead, he just put his hands up in faux surrender. "alright, i'll leave you and your friend in peace" he said, walking away from where her and sarah were stood not before looking angel up and down once more.

sarah scoffed, walking over to angel, inviting her in properly and closing the door behind her. "are you okay?" angel spoke in a soft voice. sarah sniffled, then wiped her eyes with the back of her hand.

"yeah, um" she took a deep breath "follow me."

so, she did. sarah's house was beautiful, with a giant spiral staircase, multiple stories, big rooms and a massive front and back garden. angel followed the girl up the said spiral staircase and into a room. sarah's room.

once they entered, sarah sat down on her bed - composing herself. angel slid the jacket, which belonged to sarah, off her shoulders. setting it down next to her. "i bought you this back" she gave a warm smile, not knowing how to cheer the girl up.

sarah lifted her head from her hands, acknowledging what angel had said. "thanks" she gave a weak smile. it didn't quite reach her eyes like normal. sighing, angel sat down next to her, slinging her arm around sarah's shoulders.