𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟

angel's eyebrows raised in surprise. "midsummers?" she asked, slightly shocked.

"yeah, have you heard of it?" her dad questioned, suspiciously.

"uh..no, well- maybe, i think rafe said something about it" she stumbled over her words, trying not to let her dad see into her lies.

her father's eyes narrowed and angel panicked, thinking he'd seen deep into her lies. "rafe huh?" he almost spat out his name, like it hurt to say. "well, his dad does have a great connection to the event. in fact, he was the one who invited us there" he continued with a horrible grin on his face.

both of his children were silent, both lost in their own thoughts. their father sighed, knowing he lost the battle of entertaining any of them. he waved his hands in the air, dismissing tommy. angel thought this was an invitation for her to leave as well, but as she scraped her chair on the wooden floor the dreaded man spoke up again.

"no angel, you stay"

angel wanted to scream. she knew there was a catch and she was about to be faced with it, right now.

"you, young lady, are going to be getting a job, at the country club" he pointed a stern finger at her.

"a job? are you serious?" she argued back.

"enough of your rudeness. me and your mother have decided that you need to be put to use-" he started.

"put to use?" her tone was aggressive "i'm not a damn, dog, or a housemaid, you can't just shape me into whatever you want" she was starting to get pissed off with the way this man treated her. the sound of her chair scraping across the floor so violently dully rung in her ears, she ignored it as she stormed out of the kitchen.

but before she reached the doorway, she turned back around to say one more thing. "you and i both know that mom would never want this" her words were true. she knew her mom had no say in this- even if she did, angel was sure her words wouldn't even make it into his brain.

with that, she stormed out of the kitchen. not before missing his final "you start tomorrow" which only made her groan and slam her head into her pillow once she reached the comfort of her room.

the blonde girl laid there for a bit, just thinking. it was probably a dangerous thing to be doing- and she recognised that, pulling out her phone from her pocket and opening the chats with sarah, trying to get everything off her mind.

to: sarah 👙

angel🪽

do u know where the country club is??

sarah 👙

yeh, why?

angel🪽

my dad got me a job there

apparently, and i start tomorrow 🙄

angel🪽

also, he said we are going to midsumers!!!

sarah 👙

WAITTTT, really?

angel🪽

yess!! idk what to wear though

sarah 👙

omggggg!! can u come over tmrw?