Tiny Prologue: Many years before

Love.

The most powerful force in the world, they say. They say it is so powerful it would calm wars and carry on legends and families. Love also can bring hatred and jealously, wrath and terror.

I knew he loved her the moment she was laid in his arms, her soft brown hair that even then was long and thick. Her beautiful blue eyes, that were closed and peaceful. She had her moms eyes, he always use to say.
She, at even that moment, had him wrapped around her finger.
But not all love can triumph, some must fail, some must fall. And that's what they did.

The beautiful castle where just a few hours the new baby princess was born was being attacked.

"Keep my baby safe, Edward!" My wife yelled as she caressed our daughters head.

The sounds of the screams down stairs and the echoing footsteps invaded our bed chamber.
I looked at my beautiful wife, my green eyes filling with tears.
"I will, my sweet sweet Portia." I whispered.
She smiled up at him, with only the love a wife could give. A wife who truly loves her husband with her whole life.
Just before her husband slipped out the window with their beautiful baby girl he heard his wife whisper.
"Give her a name, Edward." And the sound of the door swinging open overlapped the sounds of the king, Edward slipping away Into the night.