Chapter One

"These floors are filthy, Aunt Margret!" I laughed at her. Her face scrunched up surveying the floors.
"Oh. Honey don't get me started-" she began her daily ramble. You see my aunt Margaret can be a bit, over bearing. Maybe a lot over bearing but she means well.

I sat down in one of the small wooden dining chairs as aunt Margaret swept around in a dance like motion. I smiled sweetly to no one in particular, the warm England air blowing into our small cottage.

My aunt was an older woman, she was the average seamstress with work healthy hands. Although we looked nothing alike we shared interests. While she has unusually red hair, I have a darker brown shade, her eyes are like grass mine are more particular too the sea or the sky.

My aunt was even gifted with height, she stood a few inches taller than me at about 5'7". Standing next to her I always felt like a shrimp at a measly 5'3". I was petite and dainty, my aunt always told me that was better for I look more bridely.
But my aunt whom I've always looked up too has a very athletic, strong build.

It wasn't always just aunt Margaret and I. I had a father once, and a mom that I don't remember much other than the stories aunty used to tell me when I was a toddler.

*Flash Back*

"Oh! Aunty Margaret tell me another story! Like you usually do!" I smiled up at her reached my small, chubby arms to her arms.
She smiled, her big green eyes sparking down at me as she laughed.
"Okay sweety, sit down." She patted her lap and I climbed up eagerly.

"You know sweetie, you have your mommy's eyes," she spoke softly holding my small body to hers.

I grinned cheekily, "really?"
She nodded down at me, "mmhm. You both have the most beautiful blue eyes, your father loved your moms eyes as he did yours." She added.

I leaned my head down laying in on her shoulder, silently letting her know to continue.
"Both your mommy and daddy loved you. They loved you so much that they would do anything for you, so much that they had to give you to me. Only out of love." She whispered. She began to rock me slowly.
"Your dad, you had him whipped hunny." She chuckled before continuing. "The moment you looked up at him he was hooked around your little baby finger," I giggled and looked down as my hands.

"You remember that story I told you once? About the fallen kingdom?" My aunty looked down at my a small frown on her face.
"Yes I think I do, about the king and queen in love?" I said slowly.
She nodded, "yes, that's one." She looked up smiling.
"The two rulers were the best rulers we've ever had, they helped the poor, they clapped for the wealth, and they loved everyone with all of their hearts. The two of them were simply mad in love, there was no way not to see it. Even a simple glance you could tell by the way their eyes met. That they loved each other. "
"But they loved something even more than that love put together. Their little baby. She was beautiful, they even called her a bundle of joy. The hour she entered the world she smiled so much, they thought she was the mosh precious thing God could give."
She stopped for a moment, aunties eyes glossing over slightly.
"But, then some bring awful happened. Their kingdom was taken over. It was the worst thing to happen, but both of them knew it was to happen and they had to protect their princess, their heir to the throne. Or their kingdom would cease to exist." Auntys voice shook and trembled as she continued the story.
"The king and his daughter escaped that night, but the queen was captured and not to be seen ever again." She spoke softly, her green eyes gazing into mine.

*end of flashback*

I looked up softly, looking around our small cottage. Margret did everything for me. The least I could do was do something for her.

"Aunty?" I spoke looking up at her from the dining table.

Her green eyes poked up from the left side of the table, "yes?" She smiled. Standing up straight looking at me.

"Can I go pick some blueberries or something?" I asked softly.

Her eyes flashed with an indifferent emotion, before quickly changing and smiling softly.

"Sure, Isabelle." Her voice softer than normal.

"Thank you, aunty!" I shouted, wrapping my arms around her shoulders.
I quickly grabbed a green cloak and threw it on and flipped the hood on top of my head, grabbing a basket and skilled my boots in my feet.

"I'll see you in an hour or two, aunty." I smiled closing the door behind me.

"Okay, sweetie!" Her voice rang through my head as I began walking down our small path into the forest in front of our cottage.

The forest was a escape, it was different than the bustling village outside the forest. I've never been to the village, my aunty never told me why I couldn't go but I've never pushed her into the subject.
The sounds of the forest were soft and loud and tranquil. My steps were soft and left small imprints of my boots in the dirt.
Just about a half mile away from the cottage, a small group of blueberry bushes. In a matter of five-ten minutes my basket was filled with them.
I began to walk back when I heard a bustle, I whipped around. The image of trees and birds were all I saw.
I looked around, confused for a moment.
Wait where am I? I thought. For some reason I didn't know where to go.

I turned suddenly, shining armor was all I saw. I quickly ducked down behind the bushes and crawled inside.

The men were all in armor, the horses rippled and the muscles moved as they made their way closer.

"Captain? I know I heard a woman." I younger male voice spoke. It looked like he was closer to the back of the group.

"If you heard a woman, where is she?" I brooding voice boomed from inside the metal helmet.

"I don't know, captain. But I heard her, and she sounded from this direction." The same younger male spoke.

A few soft whispers were exchanged, I couldn't quite hear. Then all of sudden a rough grip pulled my cloak and my body swung up. My eyes meeting the group of armourers men.

"Looky looky what we have here." It voice spoke Cooley, the voice sounding like the male with the brooding man.

"Why is a little lady like you out in the woods all alone?" His voiced drawled out, looking behind him at his men. That's when I noticed a carriage. He turned back at me, his eyebrows rising.

"I was lost." I trembled out. It wasn't a total lie, I really was lost but there was more to the story than that. He stood over me with a stone look, waving back to his men to come forward.
"Bring this lady too the castle, she may be of use to us." He spoke out boastfully before turning away from me back into his carriage, leaving me in my own thoughts and the forceful arms of the men.