Chapter 3: The Pandemonium

Song above was in my head this whole time, though sadly doesn't have to do much with Venice...yet.

I am pretty sure when Hodge said that I would be coming along he didn't' mean: Leave Venice outside to keep watch.

Either way, that was what I was doing. Standing out here. Alone. Defenseless...except for the two knives tucked into my jacket and the seraph blade in my belt. Which were both pretty useless if I wasn't even going to be able to be part of the action. The line to get into the club stretched around the corner of the block, teenagers with crazily dyed hair and peculiar makeup waited anxiously to get inside. Deep down it was a relief to know that the Pandemonium club was different from 130 years ago, though I have no idea how it went from being a Demon worshiping cult to a all ages nightclub. And how it traveled from London to New York city. Too many memories haunted me from the past to dwell long on the idea of what the Pandemonium used to be.

All of the teens passed my place of observing (leaning against the wall of the entrance) without giving me a second glance, or a first one for that matter. Jace had used his steel to give me some runes before I left, they now decorated my arms and neck. I never really used runes, because I never really had need for them, and it hurt like hell for me. It always had, no idea why. Alec and Izzy's parents had called on the Silent Brothers about it when I was 10, the conclusion was it had something to do with my blood, but nothing could be said whether it was from my father or mother do to their lacking of actually being alive. So I dealt with it, learned to withstand the pain or at least conceal it till I was alone.

My thoughts collapsed as I felt something, like someone was pricking me with a needle repeatedly. I turned my head to see a kid at the head of the line, watching me. He could see me. He looked mundane enough, he could have fit in perfectly if it wasn't for the blade in his hands. No one else could see it, of course. I took note of his blue hair and overly green eyes, he was cute but definitely not a mundane nor a shadowhunter. But what scared me was the actual fact he could see me, his eyes scanning my body, a smirk playing on his lips as he looked at me. I narrowed my eyes, my right hand gripping my seraph blade. That only seemed to make him amused. Just as I was about to approach him a buzzing sound came from my pocket. My phone.

Taking my eyes of the boy I took out my phone, flipping it open. It was a text from Jace.

Jace: Were all in place. Anything weird?

I turned back to the line but the guy was gone.

"yn enw Raziel" I cursed in welsh silently, taking my blade out of my belt. I rushed past the bouncer at the entrance careful not to knock into him or any of the teens in line, and entered the Pandamonium.

The inside was like any other nightclub, not that I had been to many in my lifetime. Dried ice smoke swam around my feet, neon lights flashed off the walls making me cringe. I swear they should have a sign that says 'Seizure Warning' on it. I turned around trying to catch sight of the blue haired boy (if he even was a boy). I cursed once again, running off into the crowd of people dancing. Weaving my way through sweaty bodies, avoiding people kissing and other unspeakable things that made me cringe. I already had my share of perviness from Jace. All of a sudden I crashed into someone, I caught myself keeping my balance (thank you Jace for the Balance rune). I looked at whoever it was I ran into to apologize, it was a girl. Her height made her look 13, I had no idea what her actual age was. It wouldn't surprise me if you said she was 10. She red hair and green eyes (Unlike the creepy boy, her's were pretty and natural) filled with fear and horror. I noticed she wasn't looking at me but at the blade in my hand.