1

"Oh hey, Sooyeon! Didn't see you out there in the crowd. What's up?"

My gaze from the moon tore apart as my eyes travelled to the 26-year-old girl, staring at me. Her generous smile never left her face.

It took me some time to calculate my answer. What was I doing in such a quiet corner of the mansion when there is a literal ball going on out there? I was invited. My presence was sought for. I was supposed to be out there, drinking fancy wine and dancing with handsome men.

"Nothing Eunbi. Just needed some peace of mind," I replied to my dear friend. She put down her wine glass on the fancy table kept near to us and focused her gaze on me.

Her brown eyes were still the same, even after so many years. I could still take a slight note of her unsymmetrical smile which had not changed even after this much time. Her visuals were so appealing. It was clear that she was born for this lavish life she was living.

Money, power, and everything fancy.

This ball was held by my friend Song Eunbi's father, Song Jongmin, the Chief Minister of Seoul. He had won the elections again, and undoubtedly, like every year, was flowing his unlimited amount of money into this opulent event.

"You were not invited here to just get away in some quiet corner!" Eunbi grabbed my hand and tried to pull me towards the staircase. I hesitated. I was shy. People would point at me and discuss the beautiful and one and only daughter of Han Johun, the Minister of Foreign Affairs. I wasn't used to these stares the way Eunbi was.

"Eunbi, you know how odd it gets for me," I tried to get my hand out of her grip, but she didn't listen and dragged me downstairs. The music, which was faint for a while, became louder. My gown, embedded with diamonds, swept across the stairs as I descended down with Eunbi.

I managed to look up, and as expected, everyone had their gazes fixed at me. Suddenly, Eunbi's father and the lavish wine he had produced for this party weren't the topics anymore. Now, it was Han Sooyeon.

"Ugh, this is so awkward," I mumbled as I avoided getting my gaze locked with several other people's. There were not many girls seen around the hall who appeared the same age as me. I am one of the special ones here.

Eunbi broke the sudden chain of my thoughts as she held my hand once again, attempting to drag me across the hall. "Where are we-" She hushed me with her intense glare. I sighed and just let her control take over me.

Soon, in a minute, there was a huge glimmering dance floor lying in front of me. With changing colours, slow music and a few couples occupying some part of it. But it's a politician's house, and a politician's party so of course it's going to be big enough.

I felt a sudden push by Eunbi, towards the dance floor. "What the-" I yelped as the sudden action caught my foot to be stuck within the edge of my gown. I felt myself twisting within there and slipping, but that's when I felt a hard touch surrounding my waist. It was someone's hand. I widened my eyes as I regained my posture, ready to run away and yell at Eunbi.

But I couldn't compose myself once I saw the beauty holding me. A man, wearing a tuxedo, well-dressed, and godly features. I was left stunned at some point. It felt like finally having my k-drama moment come to life and that too with a beautiful man.

I felt his gaze piercing right into me, but his hand didn't leave my hold until I completely got on my feet. His cold fingertips gently grazed against my back as I straightened my back. I could still hear his soft breathing even within the loud music of the ball.

"Seemed like you needed help," he said with an air of authority, his voice cold and commanding.

I couldn't tear my eyes away from him, captivated by the sheer magnetism he exuded. His eyes held a hint of danger and power, and a sense of unease washed over me.