10

Stuck for a whole week now, and let me tell you, Jeon Jungkook is just heartless. This man does not give a damn if I make it out alive or not. I had to force down three meals a day and then I'd be stuck in this bed all the time. There's nothing here to keep my spirits up anymore.

Sipping coffee, I glanced at the garden as guards loaded something onto a black truck heading for the garage. My mind raced, wondering if it was a human body or perhaps a stash of drugs.

"Coffee." The deep voice startled me, and I turned to face the devil himself. He, in casual attire, held a cup, observing the truck. "They're loading coffee for import to the US tomorrow," he stated, as if reading my thoughts. I furrowed my eyebrows, pretending to act disinterested, silently hoping he'd take the hint and leave me alone.

"How does it taste?" His voice persisted, and I sighed internally. Meeting his intense gaze, I responded, "It's just fine," a plain lie as the coffee was surprisingly good, a rare homemade gem. He chuckled, scanning the surroundings for a suitable reply. "It's my own brand, originated in 1902," he revealed, sparking my interest. Mafias with their own coffee brands? "My ancestors had a deep love for coffee, and now I'm carrying it on."

Eyes widening with realization, I exclaimed, "Wait, oh my god. The Jeon's coffee belongs to you?!" His smirk widened with pride, nodding as he continued sipping his coffee. I was shook. My whole life, I had been drinking coffee from the Jeon's, and it turned out to be this guy's company? Oh yes, I'll be boycotting this shit company now.

Glaring, I rolled my eyes and turned away, hoping he would leave. I wanted to enjoy my coffee alone in peace, not with this giant hovering behind me.

Ignoring his presence, I focused on the garden. "Quite a view, isn't it?" he remarked, breaking the silence. I gritted my teeth, still avoiding eye contact. Maybe, just maybe, he'd finally decide to leave me alone.

"Must be hard for you, though," he continued, still trying to piss me off. I clenched my fists, my patience wearing thin. The audacity of his casual conversation while he had me trapped here was getting on my nerves right now.

With a forced calmness, I replied, "Not as hard as it would be for you to understand personal space."

His chuckle grated on my nerves, but he finally took a step back. "Enjoy your coffee, then," he said, his presence lingering in the air as he left the room. I sighed in relief, finally free from the heavy air that was surrounding us.

"Cunt," I muttered and went back to drinking my coffee. He wasn't still watching me, was he? I turned around in an instant. All clear. The jerk had actually left.

My eyes suddenly stopped at something specific. He had left his phone on the bed. I slowly walked over to it, took it in my hands, and swiped up. It was password protected, I remember. What could it be?

I barely knew Jungkook. There was no way I could guess his password. I typed in his name. Incorrect. Um, what about just Jeon? Okay, no. Let's try one last time now. Jeon's Coffee? Fucking hell, it's none of these.

"Might as well be 'Heartless Jerk,'" I mumbled under my breath, frustration growing.

"Try your name, Sooyeon," I heard Jungkook's voice, and instinctively, I threw the phone away, flinching as it landed. When I turned, there he was, smirking as usual, his gaze fixed on me.

"Try your name for the password," he suggested, his smirk widening.

I hesitated, glancing at him nervously, and reluctantly entered "Sooyeon." To my surprise, the screen unlocked, and I felt a shiver run down my spine. His smirk grew more, and a sense of vulnerability crept in, realizing he knew more than I was comfortable with.

"Now what? You have the phone unlocked. You have access to everything. Do whatever you want now," he challenged, and I clutched the phone in fear, retreating a little on the bed. The thought of calling the police raced through my mind.

"I-I will call the police, you asshole! I will get you caught, and I will go to my parents!" I stammered, determination mixed with fear. He smiled and casually responded, "Go on." My heartbeat quickened. Why was he so nonchalant about it? With no time to waste, I immediately dialed the local police station's number, praying for help to arrive soon.

As the phone rang through the room, I couldn't shake off the unsettling calmness in Jungkook's behaviour. His casual gaze bore into me, increasing my unease.

The ringing ceased abruptly, and a voice on the other end spoke, "Ah, Mr. Jeon, good morning! I was just about to call you. Your generous 50 million won donation to the fire victims has made a great impact. Many lives were saved, thanks to your contribution." My grip on the phone tightened, realizing the complexity of my situation.

"Mr. Jeon, are you available this evening? We'd like to arrange a photoshoot to express gratitude to you and capture moments with the survivors. They're eager to thank you in person." The words hung in the air as I glanced up at Jungkook, trembling as I handed him the phone. A smirk played on his lips.

"Ah, yes, Kang sir. I'll make time to free up my schedule for that. I'll send you a text. Take care," he responded, ending the call.

His eyes met mine, and he murmured, "I'm sorry, baby, but the world here runs under me." With a nonchalant gesture, leaned in towards me and handed me the phone, saying, "Use it if you want. It'll keep you from getting bored," before leaving the room.

"This did not just happen."

---