A Glimmer of Light

As the morning sun peeked through the curtains of his luxurious penthouse apartment, Jeon Jungkook groaned softly, reluctantly pulling himself from the comfort of his bed. The day ahead seemed like a daunting task, just like any other day at Jeon Enterprises, one of Korea's biggest companies.

Despite being the vice president, Jungkook's relationship with his father, the company's CEO, was far from ideal. Their interactions were mostly formal and business-oriented, and Jungkook always felt the pressure to prove himself and earn his father's approval. The burden of living up to his family's expectations weighed heavily on him, and it often left him feeling trapped and suffocated.

After dragging himself out of bed, Jungkook went through his morning routine with practiced efficiency. He took a quick shower, got dressed in a crisp suit, and glanced at himself in the mirror. His reflection stared back at him, the mask of a competent and composed businessman firmly in place.

Downstairs, he had a simple breakfast, not taking much time to savor the food as his mind was already filled with thoughts about the upcoming day at work. He longed for the chance to escape the rigid structure of the corporate world and find a sense of freedom, even if only for a moment.

Arriving at the grand headquarters of Jeon Enterprises, Jungkook exchanged polite nods and greetings with the employees he passed by. He made his way to his spacious office, adorned with elegant decorations that spoke of his family's wealth and influence. The large mahogany desk, the impressive bookshelves, and the framed awards on the walls all served as a constant reminder of the responsibilities he carried.

The day quickly filled with meetings, presentations, and discussions about the company's various ventures, including their extensive hotel business. Jungkook had to ensure everything ran smoothly, addressing any issues that arose and making important decisions to drive the company's success.

The constant pressure and the need to put on a façade of professionalism took a toll on Jungkook. The weight of expectations seemed to grow heavier with each passing hour, making him feel like he was drowning in a sea of responsibilities. His relationship with his father only added to the strain, leaving him emotionally drained and mentally exhausted.

But amidst the chaos of the corporate world, there was a small glimmer of light that brightened Jungkook's days. He had recently met someone who managed to pierce through his defenses and bring a sense of joy and relief to his life. That someone was Park Jimin, a small and cute bundle of happiness.

Whenever Jungkook felt like he was drowning, he found solace in thoughts of Jimin. The image of those crescent moon eyes and that beautiful smile was like a lifeline, pulling him back from the edge of despair. He cherished every moment they spent together, even if it was just a brief encounter at the cat cafe or a short conversation over the phone.

Jimin's presence in Jungkook's life made everything more bearable. He had become Jungkook's escape from the suffocating world of corporate responsibilities and expectations. The thought of seeing Jimin again at the end of the day brought a glimmer of excitement and anticipation to his heart, making the grueling hours of work somehow more manageable.

After visiting Jimin's studio and hearing about his part-time job to fund his passion for design, Jungkook couldn't help but feel a strong desire to support him in any way he could. The thought of Jimin working so hard just to buy new materials tugged at his heart, and he knew he wanted to do something to help ease the burden.

However, Jungkook also knew that he couldn't directly sponsor Jimin himself. His father, Mr. Jeon, had a tight grip on his life, and any hint of involvement with Jimin could spell trouble. Despite his desire to help, he had to be cautious.

One evening, as Jungkook sat in his office, his mind still occupied with thoughts of Jimin, he decided to call one of his close friends, Mr. Kang, who was well-versed in the fashion industry.

Dialing Mr. Kang's number, Jungkook leaned back in his chair, a mix of nervousness and excitement coursing through him. He trusted Mr. Kang's judgment and expertise, knowing that he could help Jimin more effectively than he could alone.

As the phone rang, Jungkook took a deep breath, trying to collect his thoughts. When Mr. Kang finally answered the call, Jungkook greeted him warmly.

"Hey, Kang, it's Jungkook. I hope I'm not interrupting anything important," he said, his voice calm yet eager.

Mr. Kang chuckled on the other end of the line. "Not at all, Jungkook. It's always a pleasure to hear from you. What can I do for you today?"

Jungkook hesitated for a moment, unsure of how to broach the subject. He knew he needed to be careful with his words to protect Jimin's identity and keep his father in the dark.

"I've recently come across a talented young designer," Jungkook began, carefully choosing his words. "He has a unique concept and incredible potential, but he's struggling to finance his work on his own."

Mr. Kang's interest was piqued. "Oh? Tell me more about this designer. What's their vision and concept?"

Jungkook described Jimin's designs, his passion for breaking gender norms, and his desire to create a brand that promotes equality and freedom through fashion. He explained how Jimin was working part-time to fund his materials and how he wished he could support him more directly.

"I think he has the potential to make a significant impact in the fashion industry," Jungkook said earnestly. "But he needs someone to invest in his talent and help him focus solely on his designs."

Mr. Kang listened intently, impressed by Jungkook's enthusiasm for this mystery designer. He could sense that there was more to the story, but he didn't press for details.

"Jungkook, you've always had a good eye for talent," Mr. Kang said warmly. "I'm intrigued by this designer you're describing. If you believe in their potential, I'm willing to explore the possibility of becoming their investor."

Relief washed over Jungkook as he heard those words. He was grateful for Mr. Kang's willingness to consider supporting Jimin's dreams.

"Thank you, Kang. I knew I could count on you," Jungkook replied, his voice filled with gratitude. "I'll arrange a meeting with the designer and make sure they're prepared to present their work to you."

With that, Jungkook and Mr. Kang ended their conversation, leaving the details of their plan to support Jimin's dreams to be discussed in person. Jungkook felt a sense of hope and excitement for Jimin's future, knowing that he was taking the first step to help the person who had become a bright star in his life.

As the day wore on, Jungkook found himself counting down the minutes until he could finally leave the office. The mere thought of spending time with Jimin, even if only for a little while, was enough to fill him with a renewed sense of energy and purpose.

Finally, as the sun began to set and the day drew to a close, Jungkook bid farewell to his colleagues and rushed out of the office. He couldn't wait to see that pair of crescent moon eyes that had stolen his heart.

As he approached the cat cafe, a soft smile tugged at his lips. Jimin's presence was like a breath of fresh air, a respite from the suffocating world he had to navigate every day. In Jimin's company, he found a sense of freedom and acceptance he had longed for, and he knew that, no matter how difficult his days at work might be, having Jimin in his life made it all worthwhile.