➥1, 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘴𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨

looking out the window of the car, you wondered what it would be like to finally get to meet your father.

you never really knew him since your mother had divorced him when you were five, but now that your overbearing mother had died, you can finally go see him and live with him.

"i see, thank you," your driver said after getting off the phone. "madam l/n?"

"yes?"

"i have unfortunate news, your father has passed away."

tons of emotions had hit you like a truck. 

he passed away.

anger.

grief.

fear.

but most of all, confusion. 'how can i feel sad for someone i never knew? what will i do on my own?'

"your father has left you his mansion and his fortune which is estimated 20 billion. once you get settled in, i will take you to the grave."

"okay, thank you," you said, still feeling shocked.

"also, there's something else i must warn you about. your father kept... creatures of some sort. they aren't exactly animals, but they aren't exactly humans either. they're more like, ethereal beings. angels, devils, gods."

"what?" you responded confused.

"you can choose to keep them or to release them into the wild. i know its a lot, but you must be strong, young madam. the world will throw everything it can at you. you can make it through."

☆○o。  。o○☆

"i will wait outside for you."

"okay," you responded, opening the large doors to the mansion. "hello, is anyone here?"

suddenly, you heard whispering around the dark stairs.

"i'm f/n l/n's daughter, and your new caretaker, y/n l/n. nice to meet you all," you introduced yourself, bowing.

"f/n's daughter?"

"not good."

you heard more whispering from around you.

"i don't know how it was with my father, but i assure you, i will take care of you all properly."

☆○o。  。o○☆

"this is our room," one of the angels said. "the demons and elves each have rooms they share."

you looked around at the burnt wood, threadbare mattresses that were on the floor and the broken windows that had a harsh breeze blowing through.

"go pick each of your own rooms," you said in astonishment.

"what?" another angel asked in disbelief.

"these are no living conditions, so pick a new room. tell the others to, as well. once you've all picked rooms, come down to the living room."

☆○o。  。o○☆

"i checked the cars that my father left, and they have no space to fit all of us. so i rented a limo for you all to get clothes and furniture for your rooms, and for us to get groceries tomorrow," you explained. "i'll buy a limo later on, but we should get lots of groceries because we don't want to go all the way out into the country and also since we have a lot of people living here."

"um, okay," one of the devils said.

"we'll be leaving tomorrow. what should we have for dinner?"

☆○o。  。o○☆

you had learned all of their names at dinner. 

the devils from ranking were chan, minho, changbin, hyunjin, han, felix, seungmin, and jeongin.

the angels from the same order were minji, hanni, danielle, haerin, and hyein.

you slowly fell asleep wondering how your new life would be.

☆○o。  。o○☆

"good morning!" chan greeted you.

"good morning," you responded, rubbing your eyes.

"felix is making breakfast with minho," he told you.

"okay."

"good morning, y/n, chan!" dani greeted cheerfully.

"good morning," the two of you responded.

slowly everyone else started filing in, and greeting each other.

"after this, we'll go into the city."