Chapter 71

Sade's POV:

Sade's POV:

"So her dad's there with you guys?" Aria asked me through the three-way FaceTime call on my laptop.

"Yeah, I flew him up here yesterday, and told him he could stay as long as he liked, but he said he'll be leaving the day after tomorrow."

"And how's boo holding up?"

"Well she's been sleeping like a newborn baby these days, but they said that'd be normal for her first week of recovery," I said, chuckling a little. "Other than that she's been quiet, but not in a mean way... I think it frustrates her to not be able to do simple things by herself."

"Her concussion doing any better?" Hunter asked.

I nodded. "I think the sleep is helping, and there's hardly any lights on in here, so she doesn't get headaches or dizzy as often."

"How long does it last again?"

"Two weeks," I answered Aria. "Altogether, she'll be injury free in six months, and by then she'll only be in the smaller knee brace."

"So how're you going to sort things out with work?" Aria asked, and Hunter looked at me as well given I'd already told her when she came by.

"Well it helps when you own the place," I chuckled, as did they. "But I'm basically just running it from my home office. Ghana is standing in for me physically, and I'm having Charlie stop by everyday to give me what I need and report what's going on in the office."

"So she's your eyes?" I nodded. "You trust her? That much?" Aria asked.

"She wouldn't have been my assistant this long if I didn't A. And besides, I don't really have a choice."

"When do you think you'll be able to go back?"

"Probably in two months, maybe three. Whenever I feel okay leaving Lauren here by herself is when I'll consider going back, and even then I won't stay all day and night like I used to."

"I'm jealous you can just do that with no problems," Aria joked, making the other two of us laugh.

"Perks of being your own boss," Hunter commented.

"Well I hope Lauren's recovery goes smoothly. Tell her to call me when she gets a chance," Aria said, and I nodded 'okay.' "And Hunter, how're things with Tina? Or should I not ask?"

Hunter sighed as both of us looked at her. "Girl..."

"Oh wait, did I miss anything?" I asked. "You're supposed to be going on a date Friday night, right?"

"Yeah...she's coming up here to take me to the upper east side."

"Fancyyy-"

"That's what I said," I laughed as Hunter cut her eyes at me. "Then, she been sending her her favorite flowers everyday A," I added, smirking at Hunter who was now glaring at me.