Blue

(cw for dissociation)

Today, she felt blue.

Today, she was ok. She wasnt there anymore. Instead, she was up in the sky, among the big fluffy clouds. It was beautiful. She didn't have to do anything anymore.

Today, she relaxed. No need to worry about anything. Nothing happened, nothing is happening, and nothing will happen. A cloud grazed by her, the vapor sticking to her shell. That was the only thing she felt.

Today, she wanted t-

...

Somebody put their hand on her shoulder.

There was a hand on her shoulder.

There's something on my shoulder.

What's happening?

She instantly dropped from the sky. She plummeted down to the earth below, a fallen star. She twitched forward violently upon hitting the ground. The hand was gone, but the person was not.

She twirled around, yelling at whatever had DARED to pull her out of the sky, out of her territory, out of her life. Death upon you. death upon you. deAth UpOn you. DEATH UPON Yshe stopped .And finally saw who it was.

Lollipop. Her expression did not reflect the fact she was yelled at. Did Taco even yell at her? It just happened. She should know. But she already forgot. 

Lollipop drew in a long breath.

"I understand that, at a time in your life like this, it may be hard to trust anyone."

Taco's eyes darted around. Was she talking to her? 

"But, I need you to know something."

All she could do was stare.

"In light of some... recent events... I realize now that you're not the enemy. And it was stupid of me to ever think you were."

What's happening?

"So. I'm sorry. And I also want to know more."

Taco caught herself slipping back into the sky. It teased her. It told her that she didn't have to deal with this fake appology. It snapped at her. It didn't have fingers.

Lollipop snapped repeatedly in front of Taco's face.

"Uh... Taco? Earth to Taco?"

The smaller one mumbled, sitting down, digging her fingers into the grass, grounding herself long enough to form a coherent sentence. 

"Im sorry. I think I... I- forgive you. But. Im really not in the mood to talk right now."

She got quiter the more she spoke. Oh, I'm such a dumbass. Why would I say that? She's going to hate me now. Shes going to tell me im stubborn. shes going to tell me howmuch she hates me.

"That's okay. We dont have to take this quick."

what?

"Why don't you sleep early? It's nearly dusk. You'd be surprised how much a couple extra hours help."

Whats happening?

Oh. That was a request. She nodded, following along. She still didn't want her to hate her.

"That's the spirit. I'll see you tommorrow, then. Goodnight, Taco."

She found herself reaching out for Lollipop as she left. Was this fake? Did Lollipop mean what she said? It sounded like it. But she didnt know if she could trust anyone anymore. Didn't Lollipop say something about that? What's happening??

Despite the thoughts eating at her brain, she found herself going to sleep early, just as Lollipop had said.

Today, she felt blue.