Chapter Fifty-eight

Five months old.

Zemela's POV:-)

It's been only three months since I started working at Lincoln's Press but it felt like I had been working there for five years.

I was five months gone so of course I had a bump but surprisingly the whole pregnancy fat and pregnancy mask wasn't my pregnant hormone thing. Summer had started and I was seeing less of Pamela.

"Gathering wools Zemela?" Ana asked.

"Errrr... sorry" I apologized with a small smile.

"I was talking about th_" my phone rang cutting her shut.

"Sorry" I apologized, it was an unknown number so I declined.

"I was talking a_" my phone rang again.

I rolled my eyes, "sorry" I declined again.

"I_" it rang again, "just pick up" she gestured.

A terrified Lucinda spoke from the other end, "Zemela please come home now, daddy beat up Pamela, the cops are there, there's blood rushing from her head, she gave me this number.. everything is wrong. Please come! Pamela might die, daddy might go to jail!" She cried.

"Oh my God!" I rushed out of the office, Ana was thrilling behind me, "what happened Zemela?" She asked me.

"I'll be there now" I told Lucinda, "just stay safe okay? Where's Louise?" I asked her.

"At home, I don't know" she cried.

"I'll be there" tears rolled down my eyes.

"What's happening?" Ana asked me.

"It's an emergency please, I have to leave. Okay? I'll call in later, please" I said running out, I quickly ordered an Uber, for the first time since I downloaded the app.

"Be safe!" Ana yelled from the entry way.

"Can you drive faster?" I asked the driver, he ignored me.

"Pamela! Lucinda?" I yelled running into the house.

They were cops there, in the living room, blood on the floor.

"You can't come here" a female cop held me back.

"Where are they?" I asked her.
Lucinda ran to hug me from the door way, "Zemela!" She cried.

"Luci" I hugged her back.
"Uncle Jason came, he followed the ambulance along with Louise to the hospital" she informed me, "I stayed back because I had called you to come"

"And dad?" I asked her.
"He's in the cops car outside, with Aunt Mercy"

"C'mon let's go" I held her.
"Stay here" I told her, walking over to the cops car parked.

"Zemela?" He called my name almost in disbelief.

"How are you?" I asked him.
"Where have you been girl? You're father was so worried" Aunt Mercy asked me.