Chapter 10 New Wolves in Town

IMPORTANT NOTE  

This chapter is my apology for not uploading in forever before yesterday but the next chapter I need at least 6 VOTES AND 5 COMMENTS ENJOY

Emily POV 

I woke up the next morning to the sound of running water. Confused I felt around the bed blindly searching for Damon, only to realize he wasn't there.  

"Damon?" I called, there was no reply. Groaning to myself I got out of bed and headed to the bathroom where I saw standing in the shower a very naked and oblivious Damon. 

"Oh god," I said while turning away slightly, suddenly Damon turned towards me with a confused look on his face. 

"Emily, what are you doing in here?" Damon asked while turning off the water. 

"Um, I, um, I can't focus till you cover your junk." I whispered while slapping a hand over my eyes. 

"I have a towel on Emily." Nervously I peeled my hand away from my eyes and sighed with relief when I saw that indeed he was wearing a towel. 

"Sorry I just didn't know if you were ok after last night." I asked sadly. 

"I should be asking you the same thing, come on let's get something to eat." I nodded before turning away from a wet Damon and heading back into his room where the tv was playing.  

"Two more dead at a high school party last night."  

"Did Rose do all that?" I asked sadly. 

"Yes she did." Damon replied while placing a gentle hand on my shoulder. 

"I know I'm a vampire, but still death isn't right." I growled.  

"Yeah, not right." Damon said flatly, but I could tell he was hiding something.

Elena POV 

"What are you doing here!" I demanded while making my way into the kitchen. 

"Good morning to you too, coffee?" John offered. 

"No we are not doing that, I want to know what you are doing here!" I demanded while crossing my arms over my chest. 

"I'm here to protect you, that's all I can say for now until I know I can trust you." John said while sipping his coffee. I was ready to protest when I heard Jenna rushing down the stairs. 

"I'm late and have no clue where Emily is, Jermey needs to stop covering for her late nights." 

"I'm sure she is fine Jenna, let her live a little." Alaric chuckled softly. 

"You're one to talk, you never liked her!" Jenna snapped a bit paranoid. 

"I resent that, we just got off on the wrong foot." Alaric stated while stumbling into the kitchen. 

"Oh Elena thank god, have you seen Emily she didn't come home again!" Jenna yelled. 

"I saw her last night, I think she went to Bonnie's for the morning." I said with a small smile. 

"How does that girl do it, one day you can't get her out of bed the next she is gone before dawn..." Jenna slowly stopped her rant when her eyes landed on John casually sipping his coffee. 

"What the hell are you doing here!" She snapped. 

"I got in late last night, Elena let me in." John stated with a slight shrug. 

"Well I want you out!" Jenna yelled. 

"I have a right to stay here." John said with a matter of fact tone.