Chapter 17 the wolf, the witch and the bite mark

Emily POV 

The sound of voices could be heard in the other room waking me up from my blissful slumber. 

"Do you hear them?" Damon asked annoyed. 

"Yup," I growled while attempting to roll over and go back to sleep but it was no use. 

"Some people just don't have respect for others." Damon sighed while rolling out of bed and taking me with him. 

"Damon let go!" I growled as he carried me out of the room. 

"Nope if I have to get up then so do you." I sighed but remained quiet thinking to myself. Last night I had found out that Damon still had feelings for Elena but I knew he loved me as well, he had to. This was why I hated emotions they only confused you. Suddenly I was brought out of my thoughts when Damon threw me down on the couch beside Elena. 

"So the sun and the moon curse is fake?" Stefan asked confused. 

"Yes the real curse was one placed on Klaus to keep his werewolf side at bay. Now he is going to try to break the curse tonight on the full moon." Elijah explained calmly. 

"We can't let him become as a hybrid he will go sick with power, why can't I go kill him now?" I questioned. 

"Because you'll die!" Everyone else in the room screamed. 

"Whoa since when have you all turned against me?" I sighed while rolling my eyes. 

"Alright how do we break this curse?" Stefan asked while turning his attention back to Elijah. 

"Well the ritual is relatively straight forward. The ingredients for it, you already know."  

"The moonstone." Stefan stated. 

"A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that is bound inside the stone. After that since klaus is both vampire and werewolf he will sacrifice one of each." Elijah explained while dragging his fingers across the table. 

"And where do I fit into it all?" Elena asked confused. 

"The final part of the ritual, Klaus must drink the blood of the doppleganger to the point of your death." Quickly a tense silence settled over the room as that information set in before Elena pipped in. 

"Then that's where you come in." She breathed while staring at Elijah. Quietly he opened a wooden box and pulled out a glass container. 

"This is an elixir I required some 500 years ago for Katerina, it possesses mystical properties of resuscitation." Elijah said while studying the bottle in hand. 

"So I'll be dead?" 

"And then you won't." He explained with a smile. 

"That's your plan, a witches potion with no expiration date. You want to come back to life Elena, what about john's ring?" Damon growled while I held him back. 

"The ring only works on humans, the doppleganger is a supernatural occurrence, odds are it won't work on her." Elijah explained while Damon attempted to jump at him.  

"Don't Damon this isn't his fault." I whispered. 

"What if it doesn't work Elena?" Damon asked. 

"Then I guess I'll just be dead." She shrugged. 

"Ok I'm with Damon we can't let that happen!" I hissed. 

"Thank you." Damon said while smiling down at me. However the others completely ignored us.