Twelve: Cinder

I could not keep my eyes from her,

even as she prepared to lock herself away in that gilded cage she so loved.

Her nimble fingers worked quickly to close the bars over alluring muscular flesh, still flushed from my lips.

The light in her eyes so bright and full of secrets.

I longed to show her the world I'd built for her.

But more than that,

I wanted to climb inside the cage with her,

throwing away the key forever.

"To Die For" -Acoustic

By: Sam Smith

I knew she was watching me as I hurried to put on my clothes, already forcing myself to forget the feeling of her lips on the inside of my thighs, and the bite of her fingers as she held me down. But it was increasingly difficult since she made no such moves to get dressed, proudly displaying every curve and tightly coiled muscle she was so elegantly draped in. Lounging with her feet crossed and her arms behind her head, my cheeks darkened with every sneaky glance I thought I was stealing. Pulling on my boots, I tied my hair back from my face, staring at the ground for a long moment.

"This can't keep happening." I muttered, feeling my body rebel against my words as my still-aching core screamed to take her again.

"Why?" I could hear the amusement in her voice and shot her a glare, staring directly at her forehead.

"Because, it brings me no closer to my family, and only serves to please you." I growled, yanking her coat from the ground and shrugging it on.

Her lips curved, still glistening with moisture. "Oh, perhaps I need to please you again, then."

Yes! My traitorous soul screamed, and I knew I had to get out of there before I let her do just that. Concluding that I was done with this conversation, I stormed off the way I had come, infuriated that I longed for her with every step. I had just reached the path to the castle when her fingers wrapped around my arm and spun me around, my hands instinctively coming up to press against her chest, now covered in thick armored plates. In full armor now, the glint from the mysterious metal fired off streaks of rainbow, and I had to squint to look into her eyes.

"What do you think you are doing?" I snapped, trying to tug free, but she held me tight. "Let go!" Her gaze was impenetrable as she simply stared down at me, her cheekbones framed by her mask as hair darker than midnight lay thick over her chest. Her wings were out now, arched proudly in the sun.

"Do you not wish to see your family?"

I narrowed my gaze, my voice a threatening growl. "If you're playing with me, I will kill you in your sleep."

Her face softened, and her thumb brushed my lips. "As amusing at it would be for you to try, no, little one, I am not playing with you. I have been selfish in my desire to keep you safe, if you'd like to see your family, I will take you back."