Chapter 19

Aemond was tired of his nephew, to say the least. He'd followed Jace and Jeyne nearly the entire night, keeping a close eye on her. It was disgusting watching the way Jace would practically throw himself all over her.

When he saw the two holding hands, he was fighting for his own restraint. She wasn't his to hold. Why is she so affectionate and loving with the bastard boy?

Their little stop with the peasant witch managed to distract his anger for a little bit. The way her demeanor completely shifted after hearing her first question answered tugged at his heart. It was obvious the kind of pain Jeyne still held deep inside her own heart.

Her second question, he could barely hear, but two words were clear as ever: cure and father. It wasn't hard to put it together, especially judging by the look of disappointment on her face when she heard the answer.

He just wanted to hold her and tell her it would be alright. To tell her he understood what it was she felt. He remembered how she spoke of her father all those years ago. His mother was very quick to tell him everything she remembered about House Arryn.

The one thing that was for sure was that whenever her father would leave this world, it would break her heart into a million pieces. And Aemond would be there to pick up the pieces.

He saw Jeyne take off running with Jace close behind, so he swiftly followed after them while keeping a good distance.

There was barely any light where the two had run off to. Aemond couldn't really see or hear either of them, so he got a little bit closer.

All he saw was red. His violet eye darkened and his teeth clenched tightly against each other as he watched his nephew kiss his lady. His blood was boiling seeing Jace's hands touch her so intimately, but what really did it over for him was seeing her kiss him back.

Why the fuck would she let him kiss her? Or touch her? Had Jace touched her the way Aemond had? Had Jace defiled her with his bastard seed already? Would Jace steal her away from him?

Absolutely fucking not.

Aemond disappeared from the two, finding the nearby knights of the City Watch with a mischievous look in his eye. The knights recognized him immediately and bowed their heads in respect.

"You there. The crown has been informed of a commoner posing as Prince Jacerys Velaryon and demands he be taken into custody." Aemond was fighting the smile tugging at his lips. Let's see Lord Strong try and steal his lady from the black cells. "He is just down this street with a woman. She is to be left alone and unharmed. Take him to the cells and leave him there until instructed otherwise."

"Yes, my prince." The knights nodded and turned to seize their target, but Aemond wasn't quite done.

"And not a word of this to anyone. It is...most confidential to the crown." Aemond smirked to himself as the men obeyed and fulfilled their orders.

There was no word to describe the joy Aemond felt watching Jace being dragged around, whining and shouting like a child. He'd almost forgotten his anger towards the bastard boy. Almost.

Now it was just Aemond and Jeyne left alone in the darkened streets of the city. His eye looked her up and down before he licked his lips.

"Aemond, I don't have time for this right now. I have to go get Jace." Jeyne scoffed before she turned towards where the guards dragged him off.

"He'll live. Why are you out here with him?" He wasn't even trying to hide the envy in his tone. She glanced back at him with a curious look.

"Am I not allowed to explore the city with my cousin?" She crossed her arms defensively, hoping he wouldn't pry too much.