Prologue

Queen Rhaella's Crown shown above^^^ "

Horse hooves crashed into the sand heavily, and the golden powder flew up into the air as the horses sped along the scorching sun- catching onto the horses riders. The men ignored the irritating minerals as they rode, racing time as they sighted the tower they were told about. Leading the group of six was a young man with a long face soaked with sweat as the unforgiving sun beat down on him, his mouth set with a determined scowl. The men who joined him attempted to keep his pace, but the horses were tiring.

As the young man approached the tower, three knights came into view - just as unwelcoming as the environment surrounding them. They were not just any guards but members of the Kingsguard (loyal to the monarch he was rebelling against, loyal to the prince he just helped kill in battle). The lone wolf jumped from his mount the moment it came to a halt, gripping Ice in his hand as he strode forward. His companions had come to a stop a few feet away, leaving their mounts to take a protective stance as they watched the Warden of the North. Once he moved toward the stairs of the entrance, the guards moved to block him.

"Prince Rhaegar ordered us not to let anyone pass." Ser Arther Dayne stated.

"Your Prince is dead, I watched as he fell on the Trident. Take me to my sister." He demanded.

"We can not do that, Lord Stark". Ser Oswell said, unsheathing his sword, behind young Ned. His six companions did the same, causing Ser Gerold Hightower to do the same.

"Then you will die." Lord Stark stated as if it were a fact, tightening his grip on his sword as Ser Arther did the same. All the men froze as they heard a heart-wrenching scream come from the tower. Neds companions jumped into action as Ser Arther broke away from his sworn brothers and dashed up the stairs. Ser Gerold and Ser Oswell became distracted by the six men who were closing in on them, allowing Ned to follow the Kingsguard up the stairs without being spotted.

The heat from the Dornish sun slowed the young northerner down, but he sped up at his sisters' gutting screams. He thought of all the terrible things that the Mad King's supporters could have been doing to her - terrified that he wouldn't be able to make it in time to save her. He kept his sprint steady as he made his way up the winding stairs, ignoring the sounds of clashing swords below him and the sweltering sun from above, focusing only on the screams of his sister and how long it would take to reach the top.

He took a deep breath as he made it to the door and flung it open. His heart dropped at the sight of his dear sister, Lyanna Stark, covered in sweat and in pain. Her legs were spread apart, and blood soaked into the white sheets. It took him a moment in all the chaos to notice exactly whose blood it was. Midwives ran about, collecting clean water from the tub and clean rags from the cabinets. And beside Lyanna, holding her hand while trying to comfort her, was Arther Dayne.

"Ned!" Came his sister's desperate cry," I'm scared, Ned. I don't want to die!"

"You're not going to." He said softly. Sounding just as scared as her. He reached her, gently wiping her tears from her face and grabbing her free hand. "Your okay, Lyanna. You're going to be alright." Ned wasn't sure if what he said was true. He knew little about childbirth despite the fact that his own lady wife was with their first child. He took his attention away from Lyanna for a moment," Hey!" he yelled to the midwives. "She needs help. Get her some water or"

"Ned." Lyanna interrupted him, sounding resigned. "I'm going to die." She gave a sad smile, then looked towards the midwife who was busy cleaning something near the tubs, and her eyes widened in realization and terror. Turning to her brother in fear caused Ser Arther to frown.

"Princess, what-"

"Ned, promise me, keep them safe. Please Ned , keep them safe." Her voice was tense as she begged him to make a promise. His confusion was evident on his face: Why did Ser Arther call her princess, who is them, does she mean her newborn child and Ser Arthur?