Chapter Three

Grabbing one of his legs I hoisted him up into my back.

Stumbling out of my house into the harsh rain I walked towards- scratch that- more like stumbled to, the pack house.

A few feet before I reached the NightShade Pack House a pain shot up my leg and and in my head.

I fell to the cold muddy ground with a thud. While Lucas must have fell a few feet away from me with a louder thud.

The rain was pounding down on us now. The rabid animal started to attack.

The creatures sharp teeth started sinking into my right calf. While it's sharp claws scratched my body that is already littered with scars.

Then it slowly clicked into place. It was a rouge. The boarder patrols wouldn't be able to sniff it out because the rain washes its scent away.

My head started pounding. Slowly the pain started to fade and my eyelids slowly shut.

*********

A nudge to my face woke me up. My eyes slowly fluttered open. Only to be met with darkness as if I was still sleeping.

Something stood in front of me. Its presence screamed "Power". I think it was Lucas in his wolf form. After all he was a Future Alpha.

I tried to move but only cried out in pain. I started to breath heavy. The wolf started whimpering as I'd he was sin Pain too.

Soon I gave up trying to move. Laying still I took long even breaths. Trying to get rid of the pain.

I soon became cold. I started shivering trying to mantain body heat.

The Pain never left me but instead warmth met me. I instantly knew it was Lucas. I don't know how but I knew. I knew it was him.

His tail curled around me. He nudged me again, as if encouraging me to move or stand up. I shook my head and laid still.

Slipping into unconscious seemed to take the pain away. Like it did before.

*******

A ferocious growl awoken me. I screamed out because the pain came rushing back all at once.

A soft whimper came from above me. A tear rolled down my face till it hit the most Likely colorful Autumn leaves.

The sound of crunching leaves came. Another growl ripped through the air.

Someone was shifting. Cracking bones was all that you could hear.

"Alpha calm down. We're here to help you and the girl". Soft whimpers emitted from me.

"Lucas calm do-own. He's here to help". I gasped out. A whimper filled the air and this time it was not from me.

Lucas must of allowed him to help me because two warm, strong hands were under me.

"Thank you". Was all I managed to get out before I fell into darkness.

"My sweet Abrianna. I'm always watching you."

Jolting up I let out an ear piercing scream. I kept on screaming till I felt tingles run up and down my arm.

It calmed me. For some odd reason. It made me feel calm. So I stopped. I stopped my screaming and calmed down.

"Abrianna. You are okay. Okay."? His tone was soft and Demanding.

"Lucas"? I questioned. "Yep it's me". "Are you okay. I know you're a Eerewolf and all but are you okay"? A chuckle rang through the hospital room.

"Am I okay the real question is. Are you okay"? I just nodded. "What are those tingles"? I ask. "Well I'm not gonna sugar coat it. Were mates. You are MINE. You're never leaving me. You are my Luna"

I sigh. I sigh because of the stress. I sigh because of the danger. I sigh because I actually feel safe.

"Lucas. I don't know if you'll understand. But. I don't want to hurt you more than I did. By making me Luna. You're pack might as well be classified as rouges."A low growl emitts in the room.

Low blow I know but...I need him to see the danger he will be put in.

"You know. I don't think you even understand what happened last night". I cried out. My mind flooding with thoughts.

Two strong hands grip my shoulders and by doing that I was brought back to reality.

"My pack. Our pack if you accept me, will and would fight to the death to keep their Luna safe from harm.".

A warm salty tear trickles down my face till it hits the floor with an impossible to hear echo.

With a sigh I say "We can talk about this later now let's work on our paper. Okay." I left no room for options.

He grumbles out an Okay and I let a giggle pass by my plump lips.

For the next couple of hours I felt like a normal teenage girl. A girl who didn't have to fight in a war.

Who didn't loose her vison or a girl who has to worry about attackers coming and trying to kill her.

I felt like a teenage girl worrying about boys and what to wear. I felt relieved as if a thousand pounds have been lifted.

But one thing ran through my mind that I will never forget.

All good things must come to an end.

Little did I know how true that saying was.