chapter 2:

"welcome to isla nublar, campers!" the man shouted proudly. i was on the side puking next too a scrawny looking boy. the boat ride really sickened me. i hate boats.

"you are the chosen few, the first kids in the entire world to ever experience the awesomeness that is camp cretaceous!" the guy practically was bouncing with glee and proudness.

i turned and walked over to blaize, who stood crossing his arms. i examined the group of kids, there was a pink haired girl that was recording the man talking, beside her was a boy, and a dark haired girl with her hair up, and beside the boy was a short haired girl with a headband.

"i know, the trip from the mainland was rough on some. hello ben, adilynn." he chuckled.

i smiled and slightly waved, while ben did a thumbs up, but was immediately back to throwing up.
"but you made it!" he said enthusiastically, "i'm dave, head counselor - yes, you heard that correctly, head honcho, big shot."

we all turned around as we heard a car pull up, it screeched to a stop as a woman hopped out, "ah, so sorry im late. welcome, campers! i'm roxie, head counselor of camp cretaceous." she announced, walking down to dave. we all stared at dave as he laughed nervously.

"well, its sort of a co-head counselor sort of situation." he stuttered, and she turned to him, "is it?" she said sassily as he cleared his throat, "anyway, some of you won contests to be here, some of you had VIP invites, but for the next two weeks, all of you will be getting the five-star treatment!" he changed the subject, and i noticed the pink haired girl was recording us. my face went red and i looked down, embarrased. i wasnt a fan of being on video.

"as our first campers, we've lined up exclusive behind-the-scenes tours of jurassic world."

"yay!" i exclaimed quietly, and i heard some of the other campers exclaim too, "as well as kayaking, rock climbing, obstacle courses, and of course..." i lit up with joy as she said that, but she was cut off as the dark haired boy cut her off. "dinosaurs?" he shouted happily. i smiled at his enthusiasm. i was also very happy to see the dinosaurs.

everyone else looked at him like it was obvious, so i laughed a little bit, and he put his hands in his pockets, embarrased.

"yes.. darius, plenty of dinosaurs. so, ready for an adventure?" roxie asked.

"absolutely!" the pink haired girl shouted, still recording, "but im gonna need that speech a little shorter, and really try to lean into the majesty of this place." she said, and i sighed quietly.

dave just chuckled and threw his hands up, "okay, we are going now! lets get the eight of you to camp."

i looked at him, confused. ben raised his hand slightly, "uhm, there is only 7 of us?" he said. we all looked at him.

"wait- dino kid, track star, internet girl, barfy, texas, lab rats daughter, lab rats daughters friend. he is right, where is eight?"

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

we all stood by the car and waited for the helicopter to lower. a guy opened the door to reveal a snobby looking rich kid sitting down. he hopped out and i rolled my eyes. he had sunglasses on and walked like he was all that. the helicopter flew off as he walked towards us.

"greetings, my dudes. kenji is here, so let the party commence!" he shouted, throwing his hands up. he threw his bag at roxie, which upset me, "put this in my room." he ordered. i rolled my eyes as he walked towards darius.

"so, whats your deal?" he asked, raising his sunglasses to look at darius, but fell when roxie threw the bag at him, knocking him over. me and blaize snickered as he grunted. roxie wiped her hands together and stood above him, "okay, lets go!" she ordered, unbothered.