chapter 3

i backed up slowly against the wall as the raptors screeched, not able to make a sound.

"it's okay, it's okay." darius whimpered, and i couldnt tell if he was talking to the pack of raptors that were right in front of him or us.

"kenji, those bones-- check for a raptor skull." darius instructed.

"what?!" kenji asked.

"in the video game, I-"

"you seriously want ti talk about video games now?!?!" i shouted, causing the raptors to screech. darius fell onto his back and slowly scooted backwards. they crept towards us slowly as well. kenji immediately turned around and started to bang on the door.

"brooklyn, do something, please!!" i shouted at her, but didnt get an answer.

my eyes widened as the raptors got closer. i closed my eyes and braced for it, but suddenly all the lights turned on. i opened my eyes and looked confused, and so did the raptors.

"hey, come and get it!" i heard roxie shout, and she dropped a piece of meat into the enclosure. i grinned and pushed myself off the wall, watching as all of the raptors except for the original one went to eat.

"get out of there!" roxie shouted. the blue raptor started charging at us and i felt somebody grab my shoulder to pull me out. i slid across the dirt and panted.

kenji laughed a little bit and got up.

"take that, stupid raptors!" he yelled. i got up aswell, and brushed my pants off. darius shook his head, he was still on the ground.

i heard darius thank dave and i sighed, putting my head in my hands. i heard dave vomit from behind me and sighed. i turned around as kenji just glared at me.

roxie came running up to dave. "are you hurt, is everyone all right?" she said, concern in her voice.

brooklyn came running up to me and hugged me, which i was taken aback by, but i hugged her back.

"i should've never went into that enclosure." i mumbled, and turned back to roxie. kenji tried to creep through her, but was stopped by roxie.

"woah, woah woah! where do you think you are going? you, darius, and adilynn are in big trouble."

i wasnt surprised. darius tried to say something but none of it came out right.

"save it! we will decide what to do with you kids later, if you even get to remain here after a stunt like this."

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□

i sat on the couch. kenji kept popping his lips, and it was getting so incredibly annoying.

"would you stop that??" i asked, and he just looked at me.

"uh oh, momma's mad." he said, unbothered, and leaned back. my blood was boiling. darius was obviously angry too.

"how could you both do something so stupid?!" he finally asked. i raised my eyebrows, "i was just trying to make sure he didn't to anything reckless, how was i supposed to know it wasn't a compy pen?! it wasn't me, it was him." i shouted, throwing my hands up.

kenji, on the other hand, just sat there, unbothered, "i do a lot of stupid things, so you'll have to be a lot more specific than that. girls love a grand gesture, junior. you'll understand when you're older."