🏎️

"Formula 1, here I come!" I announce as I walk out of the hotel I've been staying at in Le Mans, France. I've recently been offered a place racing for Formula 1. I say recently, it was literally yesterday.

I haven't told anyone yet, apart from my best friend Grace, who has been with me every step of the way so far. Arthur knows, since I was racing with him in Formula 2, and now it's Charles' turn.

I've got to admit, I've never had a good relationship with Charles, he was always either 'too busy training' or 'too busy going out with Alexandra'. He never made time for me, to hang out with me, or to be a good big brother.

Where as Arthur, has always managed to make time for me, he's included me in almost every single Formula 2 event he's been to, even when I wasn't on the grid.

Grace follows me out to my car, and gets in the passenger side. I throw my bags into the trunk of the car before getting into the drivers seat. I've never liked getting a taxi, or getting driven somewhere by another person, I like driving myself places, it makes me feel in control.

"Are you sure about this, Lizzie? I mean, how is Charles going to react?" Grace asks, shutting the car door and buckling her seat belt in.

"Charles isn't going to like it one bit, but he's just going to have to get over the fact that his little sister is moving up the formula grid, and there's nothing he can do about it." I reply, starting the car and beginning to drive.

We're going to the airport, so we can fly to Monaco, where the f1 Ferrari base is, I'm also going to surprise Charles with my presence and announcement. I don't think that's going to go down well. I can imagine it involving a loud shouting match and a great deal of anger.

"You alright Lizzie? You're going well over the speed limit." Grace states, snapping me out of my thoughts, as we cruise down the motorway beginning to reach 120mph. I look down at the speedometer, and sure enough, I'm going more than 40mph over the legal limit.

"Sorry, I just zoned out for a sec." I respond, adjusting my grip on the steering wheel and taking a deep breath.

"You know, it's not too late to turn-" Grace begins, before I cut her off.

"I'm doing this, Grace. It's a once in a lifetime type thing, I can't just not take it. I don't know why I'm saying this, you wouldn't understand." I snap at her, deeply regretting it after I said it.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-" I apologise straight afterwards, not wanting to start an argument between us.

"No, it's ok. You're right, I don't understand, but I do know that you're stressing about what Charles will think." Grace cuts me off, saying that gently and smiling slightly.

She's right, I am stressing about what Charles will think. He's not going to like it, I just know that; and he will most likely make my life such hard work, on and off the track. Not to mention, I'll also be on Ferrari with him, as Carlos got taken out due to an injury. That's all I know.

__🏎️__

"Hi, I'm Elizabeth Leclerc, I'm taking over the space of Carlos Sainz. Do you know where I can find Charles Leclerc?" I say to the woman at the front desk, before a look of realisation crosses her face.

"I heard they were offering this place to a girl, I never thought they were actually going to do it. Welcome. Mr Leclerc is in the training room, up the stairs, turn right, and it's the third door on the left." The lady informs, smiling and reaching out to shake my hand. I shake her hand back, before walking back over to Grace, who is sat on a chair, in the lobby.

"I'm all signed in, I think. I'm just going to go see Charles, he's in the training room." I say, before making my way up the stairs and towards the training room.

"So, they call you Mr Leclerc here? Fancy." I state as I walk into the room Charles is in. He's sat in a chair, practising on the simulator.

"What are you doing here?" Charles exclaims, standing up off his chair and walking over to me.

"I've come to join Ferrari." I inform him, not being able to refrain from smiling. He laughs slightly.

"You're not joining Ferrari." Charles states bluntly, standing in front of me.

God, I forgot how intimidating he can be when he's angry. I haven't seen him in ages. He's towering over me, like he used to when we were younger, when he wanted me to do something for him. I'm a great deal shorter than Charles, I think he's roughly about 5'11" where as I'm 5'2".

"Get the fuck out of here Elizabeth, I don't want to see you here again." Charles instructs, grabbing my shoulders, turning me round and pushing me towards the door.

"Well tough shit. I'm here to stay." I state, walking towards the door to leave, so I can get my gear. I stick my middle fingers up behind my head, while walking away from him.

I navigate my way back through the massive building, and back down to the lobby where Grace is still patiently waiting.

"How did it go?" Grace asks, smiling, seeing the sufficient look on my face. What just happened, probably wasn't the bestest it could've gone. The ideal situation would be Charles accepts it, and we move on, but that would never happen. At least it didn't end up in us shouting at each other, although it might do later on.

"It was alright I guess." I say, scrunching my face up, showing her that it didn't go the best. Grace laughs.

"I've got to get my gear and see my car, you wanna come?" I add, earning a smile and a nod from Grace.

She follows me over to the desk, where I get told where the garage is and where I can find my racing suit and helmet.

Me and Grace make our way towards the back of the base, where there's a practise track and some garages.

__🏎️____🏎️__🏎️______🏎️______🏎️__