chapter one

It was a normal night at Angel's Share. The tavern had just opened for the night shift and it was full of costumers who were mostly all drunk from all the wine that was being drank, six-fingered José was, as usual, playing a cheerful ballad on his old lyre and everyone was either dancing to it or talking with other custumers, while of course drinking.

Venti the bard, Kaeya the cavalry captain and sister Rosaria, as usual, were drinking and joking around with the bartender, Diluc, who was annoyed yet glad to have their company during his shift. The redhead, while listening to their jokes, was serving other clients at the counter, glad to see his tavern so full of joyful customers. Some customers were ordering beer, some others apple cider but most of them were asking for wine, of course, wine was the specialty of Mondstadt after all.

"Honestly I could play a better ballad" said the braided bard at a random moment, with a big smile on his drunk face, "oh yea? Then do so" replied the bartender with a calm tone "maybe like this you'll be able to pay tonight's tab" the nun and the knight looked at the bard's smile fade away then started laughing "no, I don't want to tar him, it wouldn't be fair hehe" diluc looked at him and replied "as if you would be able to play something now" "look, I'm going to pay you master Diluc... One day...!"

Time passes and the tavern slowly goes from being full of cheerful drunk people dancing to music to an almost deserted room with a bad smell of wine that just won't wash off from the walls.
In the room were remaining only the drunk trio and their bartender.
"Guys, it's really late, why are you still here?" Questioned Diluc with an annoyed tone, while cleaning one of the last glass that had to be cleaned "yeah, you're right, why am I still here?" Said the sister while getting up from the stool and taking her wallet out "how much do I owe you?" "45000 Mora each" replied the redhead "ok here you go" said in return the woman while giving him the Mora "see you around" and she got out of the room.

In the meantime the bard fell asleep on the counter "he drank more than usual, you must excuse him master diluc" said the blue haired guy "here let me pay for mine and also his tab" Diluc sighed and replied "no Kaeya, you don't have to, I'll just wake him up", "good luck with that, he's an heavy sleeper" "well it doesn't reguard you, just go home" replied Diluc with a harsh tone "ok ok, no need to be so unkind, I'll go, here you go your Mora" after paying Kaeya got out of the tavern.

"I still don't understand why you always do this, bard" "because it's funny" "I don't see the funny part but ok, can you pay and go home now?" Said the redhead while yawning "you know not everyone is an archon that doesn't really need to sleep, I'm tired" the braided bard slowly took out his wallet and paid his tab "happy that I had the Mora for today?" "Very much, now go home Venti" replied sharply the owner of the tavern "only if you accompany me~" replied playfully the bard "again?" Sighed Diluc "you can easily walk home alone, I'm tired of always accompanying you" it was not the first time that venti did something similar but for Diluc it didn't actually matter if he had or didn't had to accompany him, after all they're friends and deep down he actually enjoyed a lot the bard's company "I know, I know but please, I promise it's going to be the last time I do so" "then get down from that stool so I can close everything" "yes sir!" Exclaimed Venti.

After closing the door and locking it the duo started walking to the bard's house, it was a very pretty night, the moon was full and it was shining a lot, the stars were also very bright, there was a fresh breeze too, much different from the air that reeked of wine of the tavern, just enough to move someone's hair but not enough to mess up the haircuts.

They were both walking pretty slow, in silence, Diluc because he was tired and Venti because he was keeping the bartender's rhythm. As they reached the house, Diluc interrupted  the silence "You know, I actually enjoy your company, Venti" "aww me too, Master Diluc" replied venti with a warm tone.

The two of them were illuminated by the moonlight, Venti was observing his features: his silky red hear tied in up in a low ponytail looked very shiny under the silver rays, his stoic face had bad eye bags, but it didn't matter to him, his tired yet powerful eyes looked like rubies, the bard's loved those eyes. Venti's observations were interrupted when Diluc asked "can I go home now? I accompanied you after all" /right/ thought Venti /he has to go now/ "don't you want to rest here? The road to reach the winery is pretty long" questioned the braided bard "no don't worry, I'll be fine" the redhead replied yawning "I insist, please stay" "I said no, Adelinde is probably already worried enough" "why won't you do this for me Diluc?!" Yelled the bard.

Diluc got surprised by such exclamation "I don't understand, why do you care so much? Every time I accompany you, you always propose the same thing... And the answer is always no, why?!" "Because..." /now or never, venti, don't fuck it up/ "Because...?" Repeated Diluc, Venti didn't have the voice to actually say something other than because, so he repeated that word a few times before pulling Diluc closer to him, closing his eyes and right after that he kissed him, a warm and long kiss.

Diluc was even more surprised but didn't detach himself immediately from the kiss, he stayed there, petrified /what is happening?/ he asked himself.
The braided bard finally detached himself from the redhead and after opening his eyes and seeing Diluc's face thought /oh no, what have I done?!/ Embarrassed he yelled while opening his house's door "I'm sorry! I'll let you go now! Goodnight master Diluc!" Venti entered his house and slammed the door right in Diluc's face, poor redhead didn't even have the time to react nor reply.

/what the fuck just happened?!/ He asked himself again, standing in front of the bard's house and after a while, he finally realized what actually happened /he... He has feelings for me...?/ he shook is head /it can't be.../.
It was late, very late, he had to go home now but this didn't stop his thoughts and doubts, in fact he continued to brood about it all the way to the winery.

Adelinde was waiting for him at the entrance, as usual "greetings master Diluc, where were you? I was starting to get worr-" she finally noticed his face, his flabbergasted face "you look shocked, is everything ok?" She asked with an even more worried tone "y-yea... I'm... I'm just tired, goodnight Adelinde" he said as he entered the mansion "if you need anything just call me" replied the woman.

The man got to his room, changed himself into his nigh clothing and layed down on the bed, hoping he could sleep.
But how could he? One of his friends, but most importantly his Archon, just kissed him! He slowly put his hand on his lips thinking /I can't believe it... He has feelings for me.../ The atmosphere of the room didn't help him sleep either, it felt empty and he didn't know why. The room didn't have any particular smell, yet Diluc could smell Venti's odor, he always reeked of wine and Diluc hated wine, but somehow he liked the bard's smell. The room was dark but not too dark, in fact the only thing that slightly lighted up the room was the silver light of the moon, the same moon that witnessed that warm kiss.