chapter four

Venti slowly got to the counter, not only because he was scared but also because lots of people were greeting him and asking where he had been, he simply replied with the excuse that he was sick.

Rosaria and Kaeya were waiting for him, Diluc wasn't in sight so Venti calmed down a bit.
"You finally managed to get here, I'm glad" said the sister "yeah, we're glad" repeated the knight.

The trio was talking while Charles was pouring them wine once in a while, everything was going well till Diluc arrived for his shift, Venti was visibly agitated when he saw the redhead entering the room and so was Diluc as soon as he saw him, but he didn't really show it.

"Calm down bard" said Rosaria with a sharp tone.

Diluc got to the counter and greeted the trio, it was awkward but especially for the two involved in that sticky situation but the time passed pretty nicely, Venti started to think everything was going back to normal so he was almost completely relaxed.

Till at some point Venti said, thinking that nothing bad could happen, "master Diluc! Give us one of your best bottles of wine!" Before the two cryo vision holders could agree the bartender replied sharply, without even realising his own tone, "no, I won't be serving you more alcohol because I don't want to take your drunk ass home again".

Venti was stunned and so were the two cryo vision holders, when Diluc realized what he had just said, it was too late to apologize, Venti was already in tears running out of the room.

"Diluc are you dumb?!" Yelled Rosaria while Kaeya got up to go after the braided bard "Diluc..." Said kaeya before getting out of the tavern.

"I- I-" Diluc couldn't find the words "I I what?! Do you realize what have you done?!" Yelled again the nun "do you even think before speaking?! Didn't you think that that would hurt him?!". /wait... Does she know what happened...?/ He thought and so he asked "what... what would you know about it?" "What would I know?! Listen. Venti told us what happened that night" she said.

"Let's talk about this in another room, let's go in the back of the tavern, I'll leave Charles in charge" "yeah, because we really need to talk about this whole situation".

After they got in the back Rosaria attacked the redhead again "what where you thinking?!" "I don't know!" He sighed "I didn't think he would have reacted that way..." "This is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard, you literally twisted the knife, WHAT WHERE YOU EXPECTING FROM SAYING THAT?!" "I'M FUCKING SORRY OK?!" he yelled, tired of the verbal aggression from the sister.

"You shouldn't be apologising to me, you fucking idiot" said the nun "now let's talk about the whole situation, we don't have any time to loose" she added.

"There's nothing much to say, he confessed and now, as you said, I twisted the knife" "yeah, but that's not what I meant" "then what did you mean...?" Questioned confused Diluc "I mean that we need to talk about how you feel about this whole situation, YOU'RE SO DENSE FOR FUCKS SAKE!".

/About how I feel... I don't even know/ he thought, how could he know, he never really understood love after all. He has only been in one relationship in all his life and it was with Jean, if it wasn't for her taking the first step, he wouldn't have even realized that he liked someone back then.

"Are you done thinking? You've been silent for 5 minutes" Asked Rosaria annoyed "to be honest... I'm not sure how I feel regarding everything that has happened..." Said the redhead, kind of afraid of the nun's reaction was going to be.

"You can't be that dense can you?" "Ugh... Let's take it step by step" "ok..." He replied.

"You dated Jean when you were younger, right?" "Yeah... But why does this matter now?"

"It matters. Who took the first step?" "W-well..." "OH COME ON I'M NOT GOING TO KILL YOU IF YOU SAY SOMETHING" "She did..." Said Diluc blushing, extremely embarrassed.

"Were you afraid and were waiting for her or you didn't realise what you felt yet?" "..." "Answer me Diluc" she scoffed "the... The second one"

"But why does this matter? It's just a confirmation that I like girls, I don't understand"

"Did you feel anything in particular with Venti that was comparable to what Jean made you feel back then?" "What do you mean?" "UGH YOU'RE SO DENSE" she yelled, putting her hands in her hair.

"Do you ever feel weird around Venti?" "No... Not really..." Before Rosaria could reply he added "not until he kissed me... Whenever I remember that kiss my stomach feels just like when Jean asked me out the first time".

"I see" "but I'm not gay!" "Diluc... Another question" "go on" he said.

"Who is Jean's partner currently?" "Lisa, why is the convo about them now?" He was extremely confused.

"What do you think Jean is?" "A lesbian?" "SHE'S BISEXUAL, SHE STILL LIKES MEN" "you can like both genders?!" "YES YOU CAN, I DO THAT TOO, EVEN KAEYA LIKES BOTH" "I thought she just experimented with me to understand what she actually liked" "she has a strong female lean, but she still likes men" "I see, thank you for telling me".

"So what you're saying is that I could be bisexual too?" "Yes, you could be bi from what you've told me".

/So I actually like... venti, woah/ he told himself.

"Now let's get out of here to search for Venti" and they got out of Angel's Share.