Chapter 2

Thoughts

Disclaimer: Typos

○○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

Me and Sophie finished getting dressed, I but on baggy tan cargo pants, with a plain white shirt that had an outline of a cat. I put my hair into a high ponytail, leaving the front parts of my hair to hang down.
I put on white socks and tied the shoe laces of my black dock-Martin's.

I found my favorite black sweater and put in on just as my little sister Amy came running in.

The the two of us had an okay relationship, we did argue, but I get along with her better than Sophie, and I do love her but...

They also normally drag me into their fights... Naturally I take Sophie's side, even when she's wrong.

Me and Sophie promised in the hospital, the day we got our superpowers, to always stick together no matter what.

"Is mom awake yet?" Amy asked me

Please don't be awake, this is my chance to take my iPad back!!

Amy's thoughts swarmed my head.

Normally I would just put my Airpods in and crank up music like Soph, but I left them in my backpack.

"Uh-"

I concentrated on mom's thoughts

I think the girls are awake... Don't they have that field trip today? They don't have any friends-

I stopped listening

"Yeah but she's upstairs" I responded

Just then Sophie came down the stairs and walked into a kitchen wearing some of my black semi-baggy cargo pants (yes I have an obsession, and may or may not have influenced Soph with my fashion style!) She was also wearing a blue and pink striped long sleeve shirt. She was wearing my white converse, and was holding a blue hoodie.

She raised an eyebrow as we heard Amy mentally crackle as she took back her iPad and ran upstairs.

I visibly cringed.

Pink? I transmitted, I knew Sophie hated the color pink, I didn't have a problem with it but I don't go around wearing it.

There was nothing else to wear, I think mom did the laundry...

"Here I'll find something, I said running upstairs

I turned into our bedroom. We had the option to not share a room, and one of us take mom's walk in closet, but we chose not to.

I walked over to our closet and dug until I found a red shirt with a big dark blue heart on it.

SOPH! IS THIS OKAY?
I transmitted, yelling in my head, showing an image mentally to her

Yeah that's good thank you N/N
She transferred back

I stood up, walking out.

Than turned back around.

I forgot my phone I mentally deadpanned.

I walked back in, grabbed my phone, and walked downstairs.

"Here ya go!" I told Soph hugging her and than handing her the shirt

I could see relief flooding her face, as she whispered a thanks walking into the bathroom.

"Morning Hun!" My dad said putting pancakes on my plate

I sat down and greedily dug in.

(Time skip)

Me and Sophie walked onto the bus. I hugged my backpack closer as I pulled my hoodie over my head.

Sophie did the same after she put her hoodie on.

Thoughts began to flood my head as my and Sophie sat down, most along the lines of;

Ew those things again ugg

And

What are kids doing here?

Sophie could see my suffering. She dug in her bag and pulled out airpods.

She connected them and handed me mine.

I put them in as the music flooded away the thoughts. I sighed in relief, leaning on Soph's shoulder transmitting a 'thank you'

She hugged me back.

...

We never had any friends but each other, we had skipped up several grades due to our photographic memory. We could have honestly gone to college, but the media had already written enough articles about "The wonder twins'' and "Smartest girls in our state!!" Causing us to get hate and bullied. It didn't help that the teachers turned a blind eye.

...

I played with Sophie's long hair, braiding it into a straight braid down her back.

Once I finished She turned back and smiled at me.

The bus stopped, as our tormenter got onto the bus. We both shrunk down, pulling our hoodies further over.

Luckily he sat further in front of us, so he didn't see us.

We both sighed in relief.

I held her hand, as if to tell her 'it's okay sis'

The bus stopped as the teacher, instructed to get off the bus and wmto wait to walk into the museum.

....

Me and my sister got off the bus, cranking up the music.

Neither of us wanted to go to that field trip, but at the time neither if us knew how much it would change our lives- and for the better.

•○•○•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•○•○•○•●•●•●•●•○•

Chapter done!

Thank you, feel free to comment, vote, or share!

Apologies for typos and the kinda short chapter, however I did add some fluff💕! Hope you liked it!

- Light🍬

836 words