𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈

❝ i need someone to help me

❝ i need someone to help me. ❞
°✦.° ( the unforgivable — act one ) °✦.°
『 chapter one 』
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Yes, T, I'm leaving now. I'm gonna grab us some Chinese food before coming over, 'kay?"

Lola rests her phone between her ear and shoulder, allowing her to multitask while continuing her conversation with her best friend. She walks out of her house, then turns around to lock the front door. She anxiously fiddles with her keys as she makes her way down her driveway and towards the street she lives on — otherwise known as Elm Street. Although she's seventeen and has her license, she doesn't have access to a car, so she's stuck having to walk or bike everywhere through Woodsboro.

"Ouu, yes please!" Rustling sounds through the line, informing Lola that Tara is preparing for her to come over. "I want Chow Mein, Biang Biang Noodles, and Wonton Dumplings." She can hear her smile through the phone.

Lola is now the one who's smiling. "Yes ma'am." There's a short pause before the curly-haired girl speaks once again. "I'll be there soon... like thirty minutes, give or take."

Woodsboro is an awfully small town where everyone knows everyone. Lola and Tara's houses are only a five-minute walk from one another, but since she has to go out of her way to grab food and wait for it to be made, it'll take much longer than they both want it to.

Knowing how late it is, and that Lola will be walking alone at night, in the dark, Tara stays on the phone with her and continues the conversation further. "So, I was thinking we can start the night off with the Babadook, then maybe move on to something like Hereditary and so on and so on." She offers.

Every other week the two girls come together to do their infamous movie night. They switch off on each other's houses, as well as movie genres and even the type of food they eat. Tonight just so happens to be horror and Chinese at Tara's house — since her mom is once again out of the state, they'll also be breaking into her alcohol cabinet.

Lola sighs and shakes her head. "Oh, come on, Tara, you know I prefer slasher films." Both Lola and Tara love horror movies, so when it comes to choosing what to watch, they always bump heads. "Let's watch Texas Chainsaw Massacre — but it has to be the one with Jessica Biel because the 1974 one isn't that good — or The Hills Have Eyes, or something like that..." She pauses, thinking of more movies. "Hey, what about the new stab movie? Amber said it was really good; we can binge the whole franchise tonight."

The two friends continue with their conversation through the phone, as Lola begins to finally make her way out of the dimly lit neighborhood and towards the middle of the town, where the only Chinese take-out restaurant in town — Ing's Palace — is located. Due to both girls being such avid horror movie fans, the two spend all their time on the phone trying to figure out what movies they'll watch.