𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐈

❝ you know that i could use somebody! ❞°✦

°✦.° ( the unforgivable — act one ) °✦.° 
『 chapter two 』
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

After the events of last night — seeing Tara on the brink of death, going to the hospital in hopes to find out if she's okay or not, and getting interrogated by the police — the curly-haired teenage girl finds herself more quiet than usual. Although she has seen hundreds of horror movies and thousands of people get murdered in those films, Lola didn't expect seeing her best friend covered in blood and nearly dead would affect her as poorly as it has.

For most of the school day — before Tara texted and called Lola to let her know that she was doing okay — she wasn't able to focus in her classes or on those around her, for she was far too worried about her friends' well-being to care about school. She would only converse with those who spoke to her first, but once she was alone, she kept to herself. It wasn't until her final class of the day did she eventually get told that Tara is doing okay, out of surgery, and is now awake — still, no visitors are allowed.

Once the final bell has rung, releasing the high school students from their classes, Lola receives a text from her friend Amber, telling her that she and all of their other friends will be meeting outside, in the courtyard, like they normally do on Fridays.

Now, finally that the school day has come to an end, Lola finds herself sitting quietly with her arms crossed in front of her chest, leaning her back against the picnic table behind her. For once, the seat is awfully uncomfortable because the splinters are beginning to poke her, but she's too occupied with her friends to care. To her left, leaning against the picnic table she's seated at, stands Mindy Meeks, and in front of her — on a different picnic table — sits Wes Hicks and Amber Freeman.

Wes shoves his phone into his front pocket, hanging up the call he has just made. He glances at the three girls he's seated with, "That was Sam." He solemnly says.

Hearing the woman's name, Amber turns her attention to the boy beside her. "She's coming?" Amber asks, sounding less happy with the fact.

Wes nods, "Yeah."

Although Lola isn't too fond of Tara's sister, she does feel some sense of relief from the fact that Sam is willing to drop everything for her little sister. Tara's mother isn't around as often anymore now that Tara has gotten older, so knowing that Tara will have at least one family member by her side while she's at the hospital brings her some form of comfort.

Rolling her eyes, "Watch everything get worse." Amber mumbles under her breath.

Before either of the four friends can speak more about the 'Sam coming back to Woodsboro' situation, Chad Meeks — Mindy's twin brother — and his girlfriend Liv McKenzie makes their way towards their group of friends while continuing their conversation about taking their relationship to the next level. With their fingers interlocked, Chad leads Liv over to one of the two picnic tables they have occupied. Squeezing in between the tables, Chad sends Lola a small smile before taking a seat beside her. Liv follows in suit and takes a seat behind them instead.