[𝐂𝟐] 𝐈𝐅 𝐍𝐎 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐈𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔

ANIYAH JAMESWORD COUNT: 2657 WORDSENJOY!!

ANIYAH JAMES
WORD COUNT: 2657 WORDS
ENJOY!!

Chapter Two: The Mall

    Everything was peaceful. The sun was shining, almost right in our faces yet we didn't wake up. There was enough covers on the bed that with the combination of our bodies, the bed was perfectly warm. I was partially awake, yet on the the verge of going back to sleep completely.

That was until my phone rang. I had forgotten to turn off my ringer. I only left it on in case of emergency, yet for a moment I had begun to regret that decision. I had been in one of the best positions; cuddling with Chantelle. She was laying on one of my arms while the other had been wrapped around her waist. My head had basically been in her neck. We were in a "couple" position.

I decided that I was going to let it ring, but apparently Chantelle had other plans. She kicked my leg, demanding me to either decline the call or or answer it, since she needs her "beauty sleep". I was somewhat upset that someone would call this early in the morning when I knew that it was something that wasn't important.

I answered the call seeing that it was my mom, only for her to tell me that I would be staying a day more than usual because she had something to do. Once she told me that she loved me and hung up, I sighed. I looked at my phone. It was eleven in the morning, meaning that there was no use in going back to sleep or laying down in bed. I decided to lay back down and scroll on my phone until Chantelle woke up, which was only twenty minutes later.

Chantelle woke up beautiful. She had no makeup on, the only thing on her head being her bonnet. She's slept her hours. When I slept, I usually looked normal, or my scarf would fall off my head. Chantelle on the other hand, looked mesmerizing, like she was princess. She yawned cutely, giving me a smile. "Morning Aniyah." I looked at her in fascination before giving her a reply back.

Chantelle looked at her phone, looking at the time. "Alright, let's go downstairs, I'm hungry." She says. I nod at her, and the two of us head down, with me following behind her. "What would you like for breakfast?" She opens the fridge, staring. I walk up behind her, looking as well. I was five foot nine, while Chantelle was five foot four. We had a bit of a height gap. I didn't want to wake up the other members in the house, so I bent down in order to reply to her. "I'll just take cereal." I reach over, grabbing the milk leaving Chantelle to think about her meal.

I grab the cereal and begin making it. As I walk over to put the milk back, Chantelle is still there, staring. It seems like she's frozen instead of looking. "Chantelle?" I place my hand on her shoulder. "Are you okay?" I ask. She'll either push me off, or look back at me, yet in the beginning, she did neither. "Chantelle." I say, this time force in my voice. She finally looks up at me, confusion written all over her face.

"Yes Aniyah?"

"What's wrong? You're just standing there, like you've zoned out. I tried touching you to get your attention but it's like you didn't even feel it."