- 21 -

They spend a good couple of hours at the arcade, and while Izuku is struggling to hold on to all of his new all Mights (Katsuki had caught a glimpse of an old age all might and had taken a couple of tries to get it). 

Katsuki decides it's finally time to bring up his parents. The two of them sit down at the booths that are set out in a separate area from the arcade. The smell of the fog machine, pizza, and kid's feet is even stronger here and Katsuki grimaces. 

 It doesn't seem to faze Izuku at all though, because he's happily looking through all of his all Might plushies set out on the table in a row. There is a huge stage on the other side of where they are sitting, animatronic animals moving around, their mechanical bodies janky and tense.

 Their mouths move to open and close as a song plays over the speakers, making it look like they are singing. Children are excitedly watching, cheering and hopping around at the base of the stage, eyes alight with joy and excitement. 

Katsuki spots a small kid sobbing loudly into his mother's skirt, the woman comforting him warmly with a smile. The blonde turns his attention back to Izuku, who is excitedly counting them all next to him. He glances over the booth in front of them and sees the front counter. 

The Uraraka girl is flashing a customer service smile at some people going to cash in some of their tickets for prizes. He feels even more annoyed at being able to see her, but he looks back at Izuku instead.

 "Oi, nerd."

 Izuku looks at him, his dark green curls bobbing slightly when he turns his head. 

"Yeah?"

 The freckles dotting his cheeks are so much easier to count when he's this close to him. Katsuki leans on the table, resting his head on his arms as he looks up at the green haired boy. 

"My old man and hag want you to come over for dinner. To meet you and shit." 

He doesn't get an answer right away. Instead, he watches the various expressions on his face. Izuku stares at him, as if processing the sentence, a smile still on his face. Then his face lights up, eyes wide and his smile growing. Then finally, a look of fear contorts his face, his shoulders tense. 

"Kacchan, you should have told me sooner! Do they want me to come over tonight?! What if they don't like me kacchan, you should have told me twenty days in advance so I could have planned for it-"

 From there, Izuku's nervous rambling only gets quicker, and Katsuki has to really listen to be able to hear what he's saying. He has his hands in front of him as he quickly gestures as he talks, Katsuki just watching him. Finally, he steps in.

 "I swear that they aren't going to do any crazy shit, you'll be fine. Besides it's not like you'll be going there alone nerd I'll be there the whole fucking time."