Episode 1: Abyss

(These Events are from a complete different timeline, from the Original Glitchtale Ep 8: Animosity; our story begins after the death of Bete Noir by the, well, literally hands of W.D. Gaster and his most powerful attack: Polychromatism. 

However, no one knows yet that the outcome of this battle was already scheduled by a not-so external figure...)

Gaster lowered his hands, Papyrus looked at him with a worried look, yet he instantly felt better: gaining his strenght back.

The old G fell to his knees and his eyelid starts to low down, spelling with a soft yet satisfied voice: "I'm so tired...".

The Doctor fell on the side, cought by his he-doesn't-remember-to-be son's hands, which after looking at him, he shot a look at the unliving body of his own brother's former killer: The Bete Noire, a black beast that now only represent a fragment of a shattered and sad past, with it's body kneeled on the ground with nearly no more flesh, with blood gushing out from the remained ones.

Returning to share the look with "Sans' friend", Papyrus leave out a relieved word to him: "You did it Gaster."

He didn't have enough time to catch another breath, that he heard two familiars voices.

"Doctor Gaster! Papyrus!"

Chara and Asriel jumped near the two skeleton, with the little goat putting an hand on Paps' shoulder.

Papyrus smiled at the two kids, while Chara was still on alert, but finally catching breath for the long and hasty run till there, and then.. she finally looked at the Beast's corpse:

Merely a skeleton, with few flesh remained, and was second by seconds disintegrating into small pieces of dust; a sigh of relief and of rest, at last... 

While Asriel helped Papyrus standing up with Gaster sleeping on his' arms, Chara turned towards the three and proceded to help them...

But a flebile sound, in the silence of smiles, catches their attentions.

A slight yet incredibly fast sound of feets, like as someone was running all around them, far away and then coming back, several times, in matter of milliseconds.

After a few seconds, the noises instantly stopped, and the three companions thought that it was just their imagination, or perhaps an afar noise of the remained destruction caused by the not so ago battles.

They had to get rest, now that they could... now that it was all over...

With the strenght they had left they reached the Arena, with an unusual sense of quiet and silence.. too much silence; but they just didn't notice such details:

Chara and, most of all, Asriel couldn't wait to hug in tears their parents.

Papyrus and Gaster, well they had to mourn a bit, but helping the citizen and re-building the city would definitvely give them time enough to recalibrate everything.

Only a few steps in the corridor and they would finally be in front o...

Chara and Asriel became instantly silent and worried: there was noone!,- only parts of the roof falled after the fight, and scraps of Mettaton's body.

Something wasn't right, but to not fall into pessimism, Papyrus exclamed, in cool poses (and with Gaster on his shoulder, i must say): "Do Not Worry, my fellow Princes! They'll surely be somewhere out helping people, Here let me call Undyne right away!"