Coming together - Chapter 23

J - "Alright thanks dad let me know if anything happens"
Jughead hung up the phone and slouched down into his chair.
👩🏼‍⚕️ -"Mr Jones?"
J - "Uhh yeh, yes that's me"
👩🏼‍⚕️ - "I don't want to worry but , the damage was very bad and two of the stab wounds entered her kidneys, left and right but the damage was so bad that we couldn't repair them so she had been put on a list for an organ transplant and we have had to put her under a medically induced coma so she doesn't make the injury any worse by panicking, moving or talking"
J - "Okay but can I see her?"
👩🏼‍⚕️- "Not yet, we are just finding her a room. I'll come back as soon as we have"
J - "Oh Okay"
Jughead pulled out his phone to text his dad.

J - Hey dad can u come back?? I need someone rn bc they aren't letting me see her - I'll explain when u get here x

FP - I'm omw Jug x

Veronica walked back in the waiting room.
V- "Jughead! Any news?"
J - "well she needs a transplant and they put her in a coma so she doesn't make it worse"
V -"Oh my god, can we see her at least?"
J - "Not yet they are finding a room for her, but I'm just so scared Veronica"
V - "Hey , I've been friends with Betty since high school - she has survived the freaking Blackhood , the gargoyle king, the preppies, serial killers in the FBI and having three children she will be ok Jughead okay"
J - "Your right, thanks"
V - "Also I brought a surprise"
J - "I'm really not in the mood"
V - "You'll like this one"
J - "I really won-"
E- "SURPRISE!"
J - "oh my god"
V - "Here are plenty of shoulders to cry on Jughead: Toni, Cheryl, Fangs, Sweet Pea, Reg, JB and the - "
J - "Girls! Oh my God c'mere"
j+A - "Daddy!!"
J - " I'm so sorry it's so late girls"
j - "It's okay we came to make you feel better"
A - "Yeah, Aunty JB said that mommy was hurting so you were hurting cause you love her so much, we came to make you feel not hurt"
J - "You don't know how much I love you girls"
j - "We love you to Daddy"
They had a big hug and the girls curled up on Jughead's lap and everyone else sat down around them.
T - "Jones, How you holding up?"
J - "I'm okay, better with all you guys here- Thank you JB for bringing the girls"
JB - "No problem, just thought they could share some of their beaming happiness"
J - "Well it did the job"
FP came in holding Little Forsythe in his arms.
J - "Dad, Hi!"
FP - "Hey Jug, I stopped by yours and JB and the girls were gone so I brought Liz and FP along to, Veronica texted and said everyone's already here"
J - "Thanks dad"
SP - "So Jones, what's the dealio- when do you go see her"
J - "Well they said the had to find a room and they would come get me as soon as they did, Sweets"
SP - "Ok"
👩🏼‍⚕️ - "Mr Jones, we are ready for you"
J - "Thank you"
👩🏼‍⚕️ - "And who are all these people, are you her friends she must have been very well liked for you all to be here "
V - "We are best friends"
J - "No, We're her family - all of us "