EVA SCOTT

It's drizzling outside, I sat on the floor of my balcony resting my face on a chair near me watching the rain drops falling from my balcony railing, it was so calm the rain was not stormy or heavy it was almost like someone showering water from above, there are a lot of emotions running through my mind most of them are questions for which I think i already know the answers but still confusing.... But I tried to stop thinking about everything else for some time at least until this rainy night ends. I want to feel this serenity which I can't seem to have in my life.

Eva....there was faint calling in my ear as I was sleeping in my bed, the rain did really work as a lullaby for me I don't even remember when I fell asleep, Eve......the calling grew louder and I woke up startling myself from sleep. There was someone at the door... "Yeah coming " I answered in sleepy head, Somehow, I got myself to the door and answered it, it was my neighbour Mrs. Hayden, she's almost end of her fifties but doesn't look like much, but sweet women who always looks after me.

Oh you're still asleep, I thought you're already ready for your work, what happened honey? are you not going to work today?' she asked with a concerned tone.

Which I replied "No Mrs. Hayden, I took a day off so I slept through"

"What's the matter, I never see you took a leave from your work...are you feeling well?" She asked

"No worries, Mrs. Hayden I had a hectic week so I took a leave for the day"

"Oh that's good, take rest, anyway I made pancakes for breakfast so thought you could have some before you go to work, take it" she handed me a box smiling.

"That's so sweet of you Mrs. Hayden...

Thank you so much" I said smiling and she went to her house.

I closed the door and opened the box to see the pancakes, they looked delicious also she added Black berries to the mix they appeared scattered on top of the pancakes which made them look purplish and yum. I put the box on the table and went to get freshen up I actually don't have any work but however I woke up and there's also breakfast ready so I thought why not.

I enjoyed the breakfast and went through my phone... Some of my people from my office posted morning wishes in our office chat group. As usual I didn't reply to any of them.

I work at an Interiors firm, it's a well-known and reputed company in New York. We have so many branches in almost all countries. So, you may have already guessed it, I'm an interior designer, yeah, I get well paid and I love my job...I mean only my job not the people there. I have a team of my own, every time a new project comes whichever team is available, they were given that project but mostly according to the popularity they are known for.

I have a simple life, I don't have many friends, used to have but after many experiences I stopped trusting in people, so obviously I don't have a boyfriend, so you must be thinking how a boring girl with no social life or anything could possibly the main character? So let me tell you this is not a romantic-dreamy-fairy-princess-meets-the-prince-charming story.

Hi ... I'm Eva, Eva Scott.

And this is my story.