Others

The title is kinda vague but it's basically just the two being clueless and going for some much needed love advice. Bro-code/Girl-code.

'Oh, you better do.'

'And quick.'

In all honesty, that was not remotely close to the answer Riff had expected. He was pretty sure his expression screamed a big "What the Howling?" on it's own. 'Huh?'

'You heard us. Ask her out.' Eron repeated.

It was sort of difficult to take him seriously right now. Not when he was hanging upside down from a branch. Nearly a year spent venturing around Gorm and fighting through not one, but TWO quests did not make the windie (or himself for that matter) much more mature than they used to be.

'I can't just do that!' Riff protested.

'Yes you can.' A certain ice prince barged in, settled with crossed legs at the base of the same tree Eron was on. He pinched the bridge of his nose. 'You two are so painfully obvious it's gonna make me lose braincells.'

Riff knew his rival's teasing all too well, and still that comeback hurt his pride more than the usual ones he'd throw at him during their training sessions like this. And the fact that he was not on his side in this was not helping.

Did he want to asked that Gormian out? He most definitely did.

Did he have the guts? He most definitely didn't, and he refused to admit so.

'Guys you don't need to push him like that.' His favourite loyal rockie barged in. Trek then turned to him. 'You should just think a bit about what to say then confront her.'

Now that part was tricky.

'Like you're the one to talk?' Eron replied. 'Took ya months to do your own "confronting" part.' He signed the quotation marks, clearly referencing to Trek's own dilemma a couple weeks ago. 

'Better late than never.' He shot back at Eron

'Ouch.' Ikor said, turning with an amused look at the Gormian above him.

'The lords have someone special waiting for me.'

As the conversation slowly drifted away, Riff began to forget why the where having a break in the first place.

-----------------------------------------------

'Yeah, I don't mind.'

'What?'

Aoki did not expect such a quick reply from the fire queen when coming for advice. But then again, she did not really expect anything.

'Sure,' Finna repeated, glancing at the guardian from the throne. She was sitting with two legs over one arm-set, leaning back on the other, fiddling with her "crown" that Aoki apparently never saw on her head before. Not a very queen-like position, but it wasn't her place to judge and she really didn't care right no.

 Not a very queen-like position, but it wasn't her place to judge and she really didn't care right no

'He's..'

'My idiotic brother? I know.' she replied. 'I also know he couldn't be more into you.'

That gave Aoki some more hope. True, she never convinced herself completely of it, but reassurance was welcome. 'Really?'

'Yeah! But-'

There it comes.

'You look clueless.'

No, she was not completely clueless. She'd spent sometime travelling around Gorm after the first defeat of Voides, she had gotten engaged in fiery culture for this, she sorted out her feelings about this.

She just needed to know how normal teenage Gormians do it, which left her choices sort of limited.

'Well then, what should I do?'

The other hopped off her throne, so-called crown discarded there. She came up to her and slung a hand over her shoulder to lead her outside. And man, Aoki could not miss the smirk plastered on her face.

'First, he should make the first move.'